How Could You Stop This? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any way to counter this army? first, 3 raiders full of wyches, one wih the archite or whatever if you want one. start all three behind cover, if you dont get first turn, darn, if you do, rush across the board, with the new vehicle rules, they can all pop out and still assault. with most of your enemies army tied up on turn one, its already looking bad for him.

if you really wanted i guess you could stick a couple of warrior squads with lances to take out enemy armor, but seriously, I dont see any armies that could stand up to this effectiveley.

I mean, crap, Ive seen wyches beat the stuffing out of genestealers in CC.

iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well rember you can only go 12 inches and jump out, and chances are you don't start that close to the enemy, this gives them a turn to try and shoot down your raiders and prepare for the on comming assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wyches only beat genesteallers at equal points if the steallers outnumbered them they would win so you just need to destroy 1 or 2 of the raider to shred them to bits.
    this worked with my kabal vs a wyche cult just take out the raider it doesn't matter if 1 gets to your lines because they don't outnumber you or even equal you in points.

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

my m8 (DE) tryd that with me and got ahnialated by my fire support, its not as good as you would think.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, you gotta have some ravagers or something to weaken their lines a bit before all your wych raiders get there

an army list that im trying to put together is gonna look like this

-----3x wych raider squads (8 wyches + 1 succubus w/ agonizer)

-----lelith mounted on a raider w/ 8 other wyches

-----2x reaver squads (5 riders w/ 2 blasters + 1 succubus with tormentor helm, power weapon)

-----2x ravagers w/ 3 dissies

that way you got LOTS of wyches and bikes, with some ravagers to sit back and pound the crap outta their troops before the wyches get there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The weakness of all wych-based armies is that they can't take any long range shooting. Tau will take this army apart if it gets first turn. Look at all of your raiders being downed first turn. Even if you don't get first turn, its unlikely that a canny player will put his troops out where they can be assaulted in only one turn.

Don't get me wrong, its not a bad idea -- I've used it several times myself. But don't think that it will be a cake walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you allow every tau unit range and LOS on turn one...then you shouldnt be allowed to use the dark eldar...thats what cover is for...and screening

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Vindicare@Feb 21 2004, 21:47
    if you allow every tau unit range and LOS on turn one...then you shouldnt be allowed to use the dark eldar...thats what cover is for...and screening
    Of course, not all Tau weapons need line of sight. Furthermore, in a typical tournament situation, cover is scarce (at least, around here). Last weekend, I played in a tournament where I was able to block line of sight to my raiders only once out of four games. In the other games, I was able to mostly get hull-down, but that was it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it depends on what army your are playing.

If your playing IG, theyll run autocannons and heavy bolters all over your face.

Tau is pretty self explanatory, and DH can get crazy results w/ masses of stormbolters and psycannons.

The problem is your exposing expensive units to firepower they should take. Get some raider squads to block LOS and maybe then it might work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's something I just posted...well bits of it, it may help.

"Take a 2 HQ option with Wyche Retinues. For combat drugs on the Retinues in this situation choose Extra Movement, you want that 12 inch assault. "
    "In you first turn, move those two HQ's 12" on their raiders, disembark with the Archite and Drachite landing over two inches away from the retinue. You have now made 4 units out of two. Remember to disembark them 2" in the direction of the enemy units you have chosen. In the shooting stage all four units FoF. This will buy you up to 6". Then assault 12" into the nearest thing you can."
    "Main thing to keep in mind it the HQ's have become 4 units that can move approx. 32" a round to assault. Use it. Get across the table and into HtH."

And there ya have it...4 capable unit's with a 1 turn approx 32" assault. Use regular tactics to get them into range.

By the way, when employing this tactic I want 50% of the slaves...I need more souls, I hungry.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast