V Cannon help pls - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

V Cannon help pls

Hi all, i have been using 1, 2 and even 3 full v cannon squads in a few of my most recent games
    and i love them but they have thrown up a few little problems which you may be able to help with

as you all know firing three v cannon is easy, you dont need LoS, you just roll three to hit dice, if any of them hit you draw line from any of the v cannon in the squad and every unit hit takes D6 S6 hits AP-.

well the problems i have are
    1, what if it crosses an IC
    2, what if it crosses a squad of vehicles

any help anyone ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

1. The IC gets hit by the cannon. If hes attached to the squad his squad can take the hits instead. That'll teach people not to leave IC's behind their lines unattached.

2. If it crosses a squad of vehicles (like 3 vypers) then you roll d6 hits as normal. Anything that hits can hurt any vehicle in the squadron. So if you roll 5 glances then thats 5 glancing hits total, damage is applied just like normal shooting rules against em (check the BGB for that).
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks dude, i thought id never get a reply from anyone :yes:

on your second point tho, all hits are glancing so i just get D6 glancing hits split between the unit ? ouch

I see the future and its V shaped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Does the V-Cannon also go through cover?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

Yes i believe it does :cry: ......not sure tho

"I could calculate your chance of survival, but you won't like it."
    "Shut up! Sit your ass down in that chair and DRINK YOUR GODDAMN TEA!" - Cid FFVII

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I'm not sure what you mean. Yes it goes through cover to hit targets in and beyond it.

However your enemy still gets cover saves against hits from the vibro-cannon (rare since it doesn't have any ap).

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup, spot on lordlink, it hits every unit along its 36" range, friend or foe, there very under rated.

I use them a lot because they glance every vehicle they cross automaticaly and D6 hits everytime against squads and a pinning test to boot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

ok rereading it I'm not so confident on my vehicle squadron answer anymore. I'm inclined to believe that its 1 glance for each vehicle and leave it at that. I don't think its d6 glances or 1 glance total.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes thats my problem exactly, and as strange as it sounds i was the player saying i only got one hit but my opposition ( ork ) player was saying i got D6, his argument being if you fire lots of weapons at a single vehicle you can only kill it, but if you fire the same weapons at a squad of vehicles you can kill them all, its just a down side to having squads of vehicles, but hey he is an ork player :x

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

The Vibro Cannon doesn't follow standard shooting rules. It's special rules over ride the 'Firing at Squadrons' rules in the BGB.

It's one hit per vehicle under the drawn line, regardless of Squadron or not. Also, the vehicles in the line must take the hits; he can't transfer them off onto a different vehicle in that squadron.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast