Eldar 1000, My First Attempt - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar 1000, My First Attempt

Heya everyone, ive been looking at playing 40k for a long time and finally decided to take the plunge and where better to try and get some help on a list then from guys like you huh? :yes:

Well here we go, my first try at an army, i think i got the right idea but please say whatever you want, wanna try and make it a goodun!

HQ

Farseer
    - Spirit Stones
    - Runes of Witnessing
    - Doom
    - Guide

= 130 pts

Troops

5 Pathfinders

= 120 pts

5 Pathfinder

= 120 pts

10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch
    - Twin Catapult
    - Bladestorm

= 152 pts

Heavy Support

5 Dark Reapers
    - Exarch
    - EML

= 197 pts

Wraithlord
    - Brightlance
    - Wraithsword

= 140 pts

2x Warwalker
    - Scatter Laser (x2)

= 120 pts

Total = 979 pts

I think it could work quite well, the problem mite be fast moving armies but hey; not every army can account for everything right? :yes:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warwalkers can take 2 of the same weapon? Weird I could have swore they couldn't. I have just started playing Eldar and I really can't say if what you have is good or not at a 1000 points. It looks good to me though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

Hey! Welcome to LO. This should be in the army list section at the top of the page. If a mod would be so kind to move it.

Now to the list:
    Quote Originally Posted by Skymaster View Post
    HQ

Farseer
    - Spirit Stones
    - Runes of Witnessing
    - Doom
    - Guide
    = 130 pts
    I personally prefer to not have runes of Wit. Yea you may fail a test here or there, but you also don't KILL yourself as often. I assume that he runs with the DA's and will guide them and doom their target.

Troops

5 Pathfinders

= 120 pts

5 Pathfinder

= 120 pts

10 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch
    - Twin Catapult
    - Bladestorm

= 152 pts
    Fine in all respects, well almost. It'd be really nice if the DAs get a waveserpent though. They'll most likely get shot to bits otherwise.

Heavy Support

5 Dark Reapers
    - Exarch
    - EML

= 197 pts
    EML but no fast shot? Just giving him an EML kinda splits the squad's purpose in my opinion. THey're designed to take down powerarmor and the like whereas the ML limits the effectiveness since it only gets one shot. I would either ditch the exarch or put fast shot on him but that's personal preference. On the other hand, for the same number of points, you can get a falcon which is more surviveable and will help you claim objectives at the end of the game.

Wraithlord
    - Brightlance
    - Wraithsword

= 140 pts
    Why wraithsword? If you're giving him a bright lance I assume he's going to go after tanks and such. In that case why not give him an EML to boost his armor killing power?

2x Warwalker
    - Scatter Laser (x2)

= 120 pts
    Awsome, these are always fun.

I see that you have a stand and shoot based list; However, you have no options if and when the opponent gets to your lines. I suggest replacing something for a counter assault unit thatn can delay assault or help out when you get assaulted. Harlequins will do the job nicely.
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok here is the revised version, tnx a bunch for you comments lets see if i did it right lol.

HQ

Farseer
    - Spirit Stones
    - Doom
    - Guide

= 120 pts

Troops

5 Pathfinders

= 120 pts

8 Dire Avengers
    - Exarch
    - Twin Catapult
    - Bladestorm

= 128 pts

Elites

5 Harliquins
    - 3 Kiss's
    - Death Jester (3 shots of pinning filth for 10 pts seemed ok to me)
    - Fusion Pistol
    - Troupe Master (power weapon or kiss?)

= 142 pts

Heavy Support

5 Dark Reapers
    - Exarch
    - Fast Shot

= 207 pts

Wraithlord
    - Brightlance
    - EML

= 155 pts

2 Warwalkers
    - Scatter (x2)

= 120 pts

Total = 992 pts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

Welcome!

Should be a fun list to play, and lets you try a number of different units, and isn't too brutal on the wallet. You might come up short on anti armor capabilities, but at 1000pts the wraithlord might be enough. And hypothetically the harlies could do something and the warwalkers could damage light armor.

It's always tricky with the last few points, but I'd try and fill out the dire avengers. By the time you're dooming and shurican storming it's good to have a full squad. (You could also guide them but maybe guide the reapers or walkers instead. Or the wraithlord if you need some armor to go down.)

I don't use harlies, but I've heard the troop master isn't great for the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Ah to be honest I thought your 1st list was perfect. Bright lance and Wraithsword works fine. It's not as though he is going to spend 6 turns of the game shooting tanks and how tough can they be in 1000 points?

Adding fast shot to your reaper exarch is all you needed and you had the spare points for that.

If you want the 2nd list though the harlequins are pointless. You have 5 guys that are about as resilient as a freaking guardsmen without veil of tears. Wraithlords should be enough for counter-charge. When you want an eldar gunline you need to go all out guns.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMHO dont listen to anybody !!!!!!!! even me after this

just play lots of games

all everybody, yes even me will tell you to make your army list more like our own
    Im sorry to say it but its true, yes you can pick up tips but hey, if you have just started playing with the eldar have fun and try different things out

I do think the keys to a good eldar army are

1, balance
    2, having at least one squad of everything to choose from
    3, trying everything several times before giving up on something

I hope that helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Stole the words right out of my mouth. {confused}

I always tell people that any advice on lists (whilst not always making it more like theirs) can only be taken at face value. The new eldar are still new, new tactics are being discovered all the time so experiment.

At the moment we only have the obvious tricks like the new Guardian Fist (with avengers!) and rubberhawks.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your help guys, rele appriciate it :yes:

+ Reply to Thread