Necron questions for a beginner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron questions for a beginner

Hello everyone. I have some questions about necrons that are bothering me. The questions are probably easy to answer for any veteran necron player.
    1. It says that if the monolith takes an immobilizing hit, it simply lands. Does this mean it is no longer scoring?
    2. The WWB rule says that for a necron to make the roll, it must be within 6 inches of a model of the same type. Can this model be from the same squad?
    3. Is the monolith's ordinance weapon really small blast? If so, why would anyone ever fire it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Don't think so. Don't hold me to it.
    2) Yes.
    3) It is large blast. Check the FAQ's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Necrons army
    W/L/D

0/2/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

1.yes, as per the rules for scoring units, immobilized vehicle isnt scoring.
    2.yes
    3. large ordnance blast with ap1 center hole, scatters as normal

hope that was helpful, please ask if you need any more advice or rules help, and feel free to check out our fledgeling necron FAQ thread, i may add these very relevant questions to it.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Also note that the ordanance blast AP1 hit at the center actually affects the model it hits. normally the model killed can be removed from anywhere in the target unit. i.e it can be used for ''sniping'' chracters and weapons etc (its in the FAQ if anyone is wondering)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everybody.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have 2 quick monolith questions.
    1. If an independent character is in range of the flux weapon, along with other closer units, would the IC be shot at?
    2. If a monolith deep strikes on a unit, does the unit move or will it only move if the unit is in that one inch space?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by God45 View Post
    I have 2 quick monolith questions.
    1. If an independent character is in range of the flux weapon, along with other closer units, would the IC be shot at?
    2. If a monolith deep strikes on a unit, does the unit move or will it only move if the unit is in that one inch space?
    1. Are you referring to an IC that is not part of any squad? Regarless, all units within GFAP range are subject to GFAP targeting independantly.

2. Referencing Codex Necrons page 21 under Deep Strike, no models in the unit will be destroyed, thus we can deduce that it will always move enough to make room for the Monolith, regardless of the unit's distance to the center point of the Monolith.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

also note that deepstriking the monolith can be used to break a unit, forcing them to auto fall back in their next turn to regroup. another shady tactic, due to the fact each model must move to the min. distance to the edge of the monolith, if you DS in the center of a unit, half will move one way and half the other, so the unit will be broken.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

1. im not as sure as kore about this one, as id never thought of it, and it doesnt specifically state it overrides the IC rules, hmm i smell a debate coming on in the Chat...

2.kore is correct.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by lastspartacus View Post
    1. im not as sure as kore about this one, as id never thought of it, and it doesnt specifically state it overrides the IC rules, hmm i smell a debate coming on in the Chat...
    IC rules are a non-issue here. The Monolith essentially "shotguns" every unit/squad within range.
    Last edited by kore; May 26th, 2007 at 16:32. Reason: Spelling error correction
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. May 25th, 2007, 12:46