Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kos Vs Biel Tan

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Psipher19 
#1 ·
I'm starting a KoS army and i was wondering what the best thing to take out a biel tan eldar force w/ a falcon, avatar, and a wraithlord. I was thinking a basilisk, but are buggies with rockets any good? just wondering.

#5 ·
Having just gone up against eldar and lost I have a few pointers:

The basilisk is a good choice; it won't kill either the wraithlord or the Avatar outright but it can put a hurt on them.

The rokkit buggies also aren't a bad choice. A wartrukk with a zzap cannon or a kannon is another possibility. The zzap cannon is unpredictable but S 9 or 10 hits can give you a decent chance of wounding the wraithlord.

Don't listen to people who tell you don't take shooty stuff with orks: Firing together 15 or 20 shoota boyz can do a lot of damage, as can big shootas even with the orks lousy BS. I've killed a lot of stuff shooting with my mobz as my sluggas and other CC troops close the gap. I just wouldn't rely on shooting, especially given the limited range of most ork weapons. Aside from that fact, shooting is really our only viable option against eldar wraithlords because aside from PK-wielding nobz, nobody has a CC weapon that can wound a wraithlord (To 8), and an avatar with his WS 10 and I 5 is going to carve up your boyz pretty badly before they can even hit him (they need a 6 to hit). With KoS, shooty stuff is harder to come by though.

If you enemy sets up his wraithlord(s)s on one side of the board (they're hvy support so they should set up first), just ignore it, massing your troops on the opposite side. It moves 6" a turn and in all likelihood will take most of the battle to even get within striking distance of your boyz. Same goes for the Avatar. This is the critical mistake I made in today's game where my enemy dumbly put the two WLs along with the avatar on my far left flank. I in turn dumbly set up 1/3 of my force up over there to deal with them and never managed to do anything but score a couple wounds on the avatar before he decimated my boyz. <_<

#6 ·
IMNSHO the falcon is the only thing to worry about, maybe the wraithlord depending on his armament. why? because you play KULT OF SPEED! think of it. big bad avatar comes at one of your trukks. all you do is just zip 24 away, leaving it in the open, ready for it to be shot to peices, or depending on distance, rendered almost useless for the next two turns. a wraithlord is something to worry about, so i suggest putting a lot of s5+ shooting into this boy.

#8 ·
I agree that the avatar is a total non-factor; unless he's buried in the middle of a mass of eldar he can easily be avoided. The wraithlords can also be ignored or taken out with repeated shots from a zap cannon or basilisk. Another possibility is to take a looted LR Demolisher; with a S10 cannon you're still wounding on a 2+. :)

#10 ·
Let your grots tie the Wraithlords up in CC.
Avatars can be treated the same way, swamp em with grots, or even an expendable boyz mob...then ignore them and concentrate on killing the rest of the Panzee army.
No good Panzies, only good fer choppin and smashin, to weedy to be used as slaves...no good gitz. ;)

WAAAGH! da no good Panzies

#11 ·
Unfortunately KoS doesn't get grots.

The zzap gun on a guntrukk can move 12" and then fire giving you an effective range of 36". That's on par with many guns including the demolisher. You get a S of 2d6 PLUS 2D6 AP giving you a very good chance of scoring a penetrating anything; even a roll of 2 for S has a chance to get a glancing against a land raider. Add in the fact that the zzap gun hits automatically and even the "no fire on 11 or 12" balances out.

#12 ·
the avatar shouldnent even be part of this descusson. A 10 man boyz trukk mob with a klaw nob, can rip it to shreds in cc. and remmbah, you only need 5 to hit, and it needs 3s to hit you. the chart is pretty funky, take a look at it.

writhlord should go the same way. tho they be a bit harder to kill. you must have the power claw in the mob to do it tho. think of it as a carnafex, allmost identical.

falcon. get lucky with zzap gunz. or ignore them.

the real thing you should be worryed about is striking scorpians. mandiblasters *shuders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.