Falcons and their Cannons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Falcons and their Cannons

Heya guys,

I recently decided to get back in the hobby and dug up my old eldar models. I glued them together and undercoated them. I have one Falcon that came with the old batallion box, however it's shuriken catapults (the one under the pilot's cockpit) is missing (can't find it anywhere?) and I seem to have glued on a... bright lance and a pulse laser. At least that's what I think they are. I was a noob back then and I'm still 99% noob. But I want to equip my Falcon with two cannons upgrading the standard catapults to shurken cannon and getting an additional shuriken- or starcannon.

but I dont know how to buy these, I don't have any other tank whatsoever. On forgeworld i only find the ones meant for wave serpents. Does anyone know where to get the shuriken- or starcannons for Falcons? (and what they look like?)

Thanks guys!

A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x4)

Falcons are a bit iffy IMO. It's high time gamesworkshop updated the boxed set (along with many others) to provide more customisability. I admit they're starting to do this with their new stuff but they've still a long way to go.

As for the Falcon itself, the boxed set doesn't come with either shuriken catapults you mentioned. However all is not lost, you could grab a Wave Serpent boxed set and get both required components from that. The only problem is, do you really want to spend that much money on it. Of course if you wanted a Wave serpent anyways it's a fine buy (as long as you don't want to use either of those components you're going to give to the falcon), perfect for a simple twin-linked brightlance/missile launcher transport.

Of course another option would be to go to a gamesworkshop and see if they could sell you spare parts. Typically they'll just give it to you if they have any but if you go in with intention to buy they won't be insulted by some person asking for free stuff.
    "Adapt to heaven and enjoy ease; oppose it and toil in vain. None can deduct from the reakoning, or force what is fated." - Three Kindoms, lesson of life.

My Showcase
    Witch Hunters Tactica [=Updating=]
    New Eldar Tactica

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x3)

You can buy bit order from stores to get metal weapons. Usually you have to wait a long time though. If you go to a store you might be able to trade with someone. The new eldar units are coming out with full sets of the plastic heavy weapons, and therefore people will have stuff they aren't using.

Also if you get waveserpent I do believe the model comes with everything you need for a falcon. plus two full heavy weapon packs. Meaning you could then would have two falcons with whatever you want.

You'd still have to come up with some custom job on one of the falcons for holofields. Personally I glued some plastic jewlery along the edges of mine, and added a crystal next to the pilot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x2)

If you're a die hard WYSIWYG adherent, then the best method is to bitz-order them:

The Waveserpent weapon sprue will give you your turret mounted Shurikencannon:

The Waveserpent sprue itself will give you your bottom-mounted Shurikencannon:

Both are given in the website below and will run you 12 GBP or approx 24 US dollars.

Games Workshop Online Store — Eldar Wave Serpent

Also the Weapons are, from 9'O-clock to 5'O-clock on the weapons sprue:
    Scatter Laser, Eldar Missile Launcher, ShurikenCannon, Starcannon, Brightlance
    Dreams give us a vision of a world unlike any we have seen. They present us with a glimpse of a better life; a goal to aspire to, and in the face of insurmountable odds, they provide us with the power to overcome, to live on, and to succeed where we would have otherwise failed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dymew, thanks alot for the link - didn't know I could order individual bits from that site. I might actually do that or buy a waveserpent at the shop when I know what weapons to give to that.
    A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterDutch View Post
    Dymew, thanks alot for the link - didn't know I could order individual bits from that site. I might actually do that or buy a waveserpent at the shop when I know what weapons to give to that.

As Heiromyo mentioned,don't forget to ask if the have some spare parts lying around the shop you could buy. They'll likely have a pile of bits to sell.

+ Reply to Thread