Starting Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Starting Orks

looking around the ship cuz those damn nurglings stole my bolter again
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting Orks

Hi this is my first post in a while but i've finally decided to start orks and would just like some pointers on how to use them and what to get. thanks

PAZ

Clarity through Corruption

"Victims...aren't we all?"

"Revenge is a meal best served cold."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Welcome to the green tide Zombie, Hmmm pointers huh. Well a good place to start is the codex... duh... Other than that though you can't go wrong with a standard boyz box or two. Depending on how quick you want to assemble your army you could slowly built up boyz while waiting for the new codex to be released next year, however if you prefer to get things going before then (in large numbers) I would suggest conversions as you best friend to make most of the vehicles you'll want or need.

However for starters I suggest maybe 2-3 boxes of boyz and maybe a warboss (or the bits to convert one) as a good base to any ork army.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you had the bitz then I would give all the slugga boyz and all other boyz who can take close combat weapons choppaz. You can never have enough of choppaz. If your facing heavily armoured foes like terminators ect then choppaz are your best friend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I love new boyz. Its always exciting to see someone else realise that killing things shouldnt be so ritualistic, and should be more fun.

:CFor my own advice, I would say that before purchasing anything, you get a good long look at the codex, figure out what it is you want your army to do, and how you think it could be best achieved. The most important thing, is that the Ork army's footsloggers mostly come from the same box set, so getting a box of boyz is no sin (unless you play KoS). A normal ork force is made up of a ton of boyz, whether they be shootas or sluggas. I personally love slugga boyz behind a massive wall of grots. Its extremely effective, and most people make the mistake of going for big juicy pumped up units I throw around in my force like bikers or maybe a battle fortress, or just kill the grots instead of cutting up the juicy center. What most people dont realise, is that if you kill a unit of grots, the ork players mentality should be (and usually is) who really gives a s***? 30 of the buggers cost 90 points, plus a slaver comes out at around 100. Big whoop for 30 kills. Battlewagons are the same deal. They look big and deadly, but they hardly do anything at all. 195 points or something along those lines? who cares if I keep my boys intact. A good player will have his boys across at the very latest turn three, and in full on combat that turn. They ahnialate armor, and can beat close to any foe in close combat. Very deadly with the choppa rule, and I 4, 4 attacks on the charge that reduces armor. Awesome. So I say that you need boys, you need grots, and the rest is up to you. If you dont like either, theres still tons of ways for them to be especially effective (but I havent found any that work for me yet besides maybe a kan bash or biker swarm. Good luck with it though.:C

PS: almost forgot... WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i would wait till december, when the codex and some of the minis are coming out. if you look at the boyz preview you get the idea, that heavy weapons are inclueded in the new boxed sets. they are not in the old ones.

also, there aint no more choppas if the rumors are true. check warseer.com
    "You'd never imagine how many people would like an electric chair hanging on their wall. Especially if it fits the colour of the wallpaper."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welcome to the waaaghhh! family... in orks quantity matters x)
    ' Let's be Honest, Orks Don't Care Who They Fight With '

+ Reply to Thread