hello everyone! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: hello everyone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello everyone!

Hi there, the name is Bayne, Ive been lurking the forums a while now, and i guess it's time to post! So, ive played nearly every 40k army, (except for cheesey space and chaos marines cause i hate them!) But, i have interest in dark eldar for some reason. I'd like to know how to get started with this army. I've ordered the codex from my locale GW store and i picked up a warrior box but not going to build ne thing until i know what to put on the models. I f anyone could give me some tips on how to play these guys, i would appreciate it.
    Too bad the dark eldar minatures look like crap....:sleep:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it depends on what kind of army you're going for. First off is Kabal or Cult, then Shooty or CC, then (if you want) you can look at the more. . . colorful armys (webway armies, Death from the shadows, ect.) in any case you'll want speed, and lots of it. if the dark eldar sit still for more than a turn they get murdered! so with that fist box a splinter cannon is a mustmaybe even 2 (if they're all going to be in one squad on foot that is) , it allows you to move and fire an impressive 4 shots. and i sugest you start investing in raiders, and maybe a sybarite. but speed is what you're going for, nothing shouldn't be able to move more than 6'' a turn unless you know exactly what youre going to do with it. hope this helps you out a little, and welcome to the Dark City.
    "War is crulity. It is of no use trying to reform it. The cruler it is, the faster its over." William Sherman

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

just look around the army lists area, you'll see a couple of very common trends in there for armies.

basics are that we are an air army, we win on speed. We have no defence, but saying that we don't have that much attack either, but what we do have is pace. your aim is to fight 1/4 of his army with your whole army. This should give you a crushing victory very quickly, then you move onto the rest of his army, section by section.
    keep in mind though this battle plan, like your raiders is as flimsy as a card board box, one bad move and it will alllll fall apart.

for basic army lists, just look in the army list section, or look through the history of this board by a few months as karantilis (sorry about hte mys-spell) did a compilation of a few different lists to vote on, most of which are very different, and will give you a good idea on what will work.

as for hte model range, try using dark elves for wyches, assassins for mandrakes, ripping the blades off the rifles of warriors (in fact the less blades the better IMO), thats most of the bad mini's (the female haemonoculus doesn't count, cause who would use that one over a destructor)

edit: and welcome to the fold, welcome that is till the tourture of the destructive flames of venomous posts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

the warrirors only come with SC's so put them on your models, you will need to buy lances and blasters as blisters i reckon about 4 of each until your force grows and you decide you want more. the seberyte supplied in the box is lame, i don't know if you could call it a seberyte is just a different looking warrior IMO get the blisters they look funky.
    as for other models as stated above, i have problems with all the models cept warriors, incubi, raiders, ravagers and talos.
    expect to do alot of converting if you want this army to look funky (which is very do-able)

Edit: as for learning the army its probably best for you to write an army then post it in the armies section of what you think is a winner, the players here are very good in this way. If it's bad they will let you know its bad and give you advise on making it better, truthfully i find the DE members here very encouraging and full of knowledge.

Welcome to DE
    Last edited by dizzie; May 29th, 2007 at 10:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, i could do a write up of what my list could be, but i have to pick up the codex first. also, my budy whom i play against alot has Nids so, i dont know, we'll have to see how this cookie crumbles.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

nids is a tricky one..
    if thats what he plays then i can give you a few tips on beating him.
    basically you want alot of firepower and squads to counter charge, i wouldnt worry much your warriors can take nids pretty easily, your main concern is his hormagaunts, if u can take these down before they start charging then you will be fine.
    Hormagaunts are bad in numbers and this is what hes gonna be throwing at you first, ignore termagaunts and keep your raiders back so as not to get rapid fired by them... unfortunately their weapons can glance your raiders which can be a pain.
    Nids is all about taking the right oportunity to counter charge.

you will want plenty of warriors and wyches when fighting his army, due to synapse it can be a quite painful army to fight. people use different strats on nids so don't be flaming me for my tactic lol
    as i was saying kill the hormagaunts first don't worry about termigaunts until you have killed these, his big beasties move slow so the next few things will be lictors, genestealers and broodlord, think of it this way, he will throw wave after wave at you all you gotta do is wait for right time and counter charge, remember your a CC monster too.
    charge termagaunts when they are almost in rapid fire range, you got 6" move 6" FOF possibly and 6" charge, normal warriors are fine.. seberytes with agonisers all round (incase you end up in big beasty CC).

The best way i can explain this is think starship troopers
    if u can survive the first 2 rounds and stop his wee besties first the big besties should be struggling to keep up, plus warriors with agonisers hurt nids, since most of the time you will strike first or simultanoues even if he charges. use wyches to counter charge when you got too many nids on your warriors. get tons of raiders and ravagers with dizzies or lances, you can try gunboating(keeping warriors on raider and rapid firing cause it's open topped) too but id rather not, i've had bad experiences with this.

i could be here writing a whole tactica on nids but id rather not. there is a few ways you can beat nids, this is the way i like

+ Reply to Thread