DE w/Harlequins? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DE w/Harlequins?

I'm pretty sure this isnt tourniment legal, but are there any rules or fluff for that matter that allow for Harlequins to be incorporated into a DE army?

Also I dont know how off topic this is, but I've heard of an old (I'm sure its now illegal) all Harlequin army list. Does any one know where I can find this?

My girl friend is actually interested in maybe playing and wants Harlequins but doesn't want the goody goody Eldar part that comes with them lol. So I figured Dark Eldar w/Harlies or just a whole army of Harlequins might be good alternatives for her to get into the hobby with.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Is there fluff? Plenty! It says in the current eldar codex that they'll visit commoragh, they worked with us in the eye of terror campaign and in Medusa v, they've pretty much always allied with us and the CWE equally. Rules? No not really. We can't use the unit from the eldar codex and we probably won't get official harlequin access until our new dark eldar codex, unlikely that they'll make a white dwarf update.

The "old" rules can be found here: http://uk.games-workshop.com/eldar/h...harlequins.pdf
    and whilst they are technically just as "unofficial" as they were before, you'll find a lot of people won't let you use them because the new ones are so different and pretty much make these redundant and obsolete. Also, good harlequins players gave them a reputation for being overpowered, even though this was complete rubbish as an all harlequins list was one of the hardest in the game to win with and the easiest to defeat. In particular the solitaire got a reputation but for his points and for what he does that is a complete joke, he is not all that good at all, just really cool and fluffy plus a very powerful single model (still a single model though). DJ's have always been better in my opinion.

Oh, and here is the update. Harlequins Update: Citadel Journal 44
    That isn't the official version obviously but that's exactly what is in the official version, not twisted, so you can trust it, otherwise just search "harlequins citadel journal 44" and find it.

Here is a completely unofficial but thoroughly play tested fan made harlequin update codex compiled on eldaronline long ago, it's quite good if you ask me but only your very closest friends would ever let you use it. http://rasmushome.com/wh/e/rev.pdf

I'd help more with more links but my stockpile of harlequin information where everything is at is down... It's actually not mine, but another member from another forum had this site where he had everything and... oh well... it's gone now... sorry.

The solitaire is str 3 like in his profile, not 4 in the summary, that's a typo.
    You can't combine a harlequins kiss with powerblades for a power weapon that wounds on 2's.
    Last edited by Tenozuma; May 30th, 2007 at 10:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

As Tenozuma said, there are no official rules on the fact... though there are some rumors/hopes floating about that the next update of the DE codex (in like, six billion years) will see the presence of Harlequins, such as the Solitaire, like the CWE 'dex saw the Shadowseer and Death Jester.

If you only plan on playing in friendly games with friends/laid back people, check out both the "more official unofficial" GW rules and the "less official unofficial" EO codex... I myself, like Tenozuma, prefer the EO rules, as they are much more balanced than their GW counterparts.

Also, nothing is stopping you from making a Dark Eldar and/or Craftworld Eldar army where all of the models are "stand-in" Harlequins, is there? Just convert/paint them like Harlequins and call them different names, but use the rules. Pretty simple!

DE Archon/Archite - Great Harlequin
    CWE Farseer - Shadowseer
    CWE Storm Guardians - Mimes
    DE Warriors/Mandrakes - Mimes
    CWE/DE Jetbikes - Harlequin Jetbikes
    DE Scourges - Death Jesters
    CWE Dark Reapers - Death Jesters
    DE Wyches - Harlequin Troupers
    CWE Harlequins - Harlequin Troupers (duh)
    DE Raiders - Venoms
    DE Talos - Spiritwalker
    CWE Wraithlord - Spiritwalker

Use your imagination, and you can make a fine army converted to be Harlequins, and perfectly legal!
    Last edited by Lost Nemesis; May 30th, 2007 at 18:20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Just go to the harlequin forum I think that the only pinned topic has a link to the GW download for the old harles. These rules never where legal they where and are just experimental. But I have used them in fun games with friends.

Anyway I say the game play wise wyches are way better.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

I did post a like to it.... but oh well...

On the same note as lost nemesis, you can represent harlequins with either CWE or DE. Preferably a wych cult.

Wyches - harlies
    scourges - DJ's
    Raiders - Venoms
    Ravagers - Venoms with DJ's on the sides
    bikes - bikes
    drakes - mimes
    wych lord - great harlequin
    beasts....... -
    warriors....... - initiates? with DJ's with the heavy weapons?

Jain Zar/Asurmen - Great Harlequin
    Prince Yriel - Solitaire
    harlequins squad - harlequins, deathjesters, shadowseers, troupe leaders.
    banshees - "different" harlequins?
    rangers/pathfinders - guys who've jumped onto the circus band wagon (fluffy)
    storm guardians with warlock with enhance - harlequin initiates?
    vypers - venoms
    shining spears - harlie bikes
    wraithlord - spiritwalker
    reapers with exarch --- DJ's with master?

Have a look around and a think and see what you can come up with.

Dark Eldar player.

Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Party! thanks for all the feed back. I dont know if she will actually run it but I have the rules now! haha!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

i remember, was quite a while back, a guy fielded a dark eldar touney army and came 3rd overall (if i remember correctly) he used the typical dark eldar army, but in effect it had a harlequin theme. Well more to the point he used alot of harlequin conversions and painted them up like harlequins.
    Was a magnificent army to look at it, something that really struck a chord with me, i remember how cool it looked, but the attention to detail and the cost's he put into it was very off putting for myself, since i could never paint to that standard, nor invest the time and money. i like to think of myself with puddy like a 4 year old at playschool.
    Needless to say there no artist in me.. good job i like playing over painting and converting

very cool looking raider force he had, would never work in 4th edition rules though.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x7)

Dark Eldar player.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

damn i'm at work it's blocked i'll check it out later.
    but if its the raider force one then yeah thats poabably the army i'm talking about.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice lookin army. great ideas too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast