friggin GREEN ANGELS! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friggin GREEN ANGELS!

how am i goin to take my friends armylist? he has 5 scouts (all with snipers) 7 devistaters (1 of each heavy wepon) 5 deathwing(1with autocannon 1 with special banner) belial (with the termies) vinsicator (nothing special) rhino and a tecmarine (with 4 serivitors 2 heavy bolters and 2 fixey ones) any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

Well, I'm no real Necron player I am however a marine player, heh. I did however play againt 'crons a couple of times and looked through their codex more then once.

My first aim would be to go for the Vindicator and get a penetrating result. Make sure it cannot be fixed. Why the vindicator... pie-plate of doom

Scouts shouldn't be a big issue, but then again, nothing of the normal infantry should as you get your we'll be back rolls. As for devastators, he can only field 4 heavy weapons in a squad. And to my knowledge Marines have 5 different types (Lascannon, Multi-melta, rocket, plasma and heavy bolter). I'd go after those with fast moving destroyers or keep em in combat with fast scarabs. Deny them as much shots as possible.

Those servitors with the techmarine, they've got a pretty bad save actually. So taking those out shouldn't a problem.

The only thing in my opinion which would cause some trouble would be his terminators and his HQ.

Perhaps it would be good to post your own armylist or at least what models you've got. That way more experienced necron player could hand out some advice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x3)

*strikes pose*

Hey Necron Nut!

Chaoschrist gives some excellent advice. Actually, I just want to expand on what he has said.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoschrist View Post
    My first aim would be to go for the Vindicator and get a penetrating result. Make sure it cannot be fixed. Why the vindicator... pie-plate of doom

Scouts shouldn't be a big issue.

I'd go after those Devos with destroyers or keep 'em in combat with scarabs. Deny them as many shots as possible.

Those servitors with the techmarine, they've got a pretty bad save actually. So taking those out shouldn't a problem.

The only thing in my opinion which would cause some trouble would be his terminators and his HQ.

Perhaps it would be good to post your own armylist or at least what models you've got. :yes: That way more experienced necron player could hand out some advice.
    Very well said.

First, I wanna say that you shouldn't rely on WBB. Play your army like they are just Marines with special bolters,, and don't think "argh, my guys died, I have WBB". Forget about relying on WBB and you are already in a game-winning mindset

That being said, the Vindicator is a priority- mainly because it kills you (!!!) and you do not want to be taking lots of WBB rolls your turn. If it isn't shooting, good- but dead means your units can move along to shoot something else, instead of stunning the Vindi every turn.

If your opponent is smart, he will sit back at maximum range with the Vindi, to avoid your Warriors shooting. Now, Warriors and Destroyers have the same effect on the Vindicator- so rapidfiring Warriors is better than hunting it with Destroyers (if possible). But, bottom line, if that tank is not shooting, good. But if it isn't dying, you are fighting with a handicap because it will absorb a lot of your available firepower

As quoted, Scouts should not be an issue. You have the best Ld possible. But if you fail a test and become pinned from them, that is a LOT of lost firepower next turn. It hurts. Probably won't happen, but it really, really hurts in the long run.

Those scouts will probably be in cover, yeah? Well, that means a cover save against Destroyer fire. Instead, go for them with the Scarabs. Try to keep some Scouts alive when you charge, so that you can kill the rest in HIS turn, and then move + assault in your turn AFTER that- like leapfrogging, or a really slow Hit and Run . Or, even if you do assault and kill them all at once, at least your scarabs are in cover Either way, it is not wasting Destroyers firepower on a unit that can claim cover benefits.

Same deal with the Devastators. Like the Vindicator, if they aren't shooting, good- but if they are dead you can move onto another target. Difference is- Devo's are harder to get at. Destroyers are the unit to hurt them, and Scarabs are the unit to tie them up. Or, you can hurt them with shooting, and use those Scarabs on the charge to finish the job.

Seeing as the Devos have 4 different weapons, they will hurt anything they shoot. Make sure they can only shoot what he doesn't want to shoot. If he wants Destroyersw dead, just give him Warriors as targets- I don't think he will move his heavy weapons to chase his targets

Again, as ChaosChrist said, those Servitors and Techmarine shouldn't be a problem. Even a single turn of shooting to maul the Servitors would suffice- he's slow and can only walk anyways, but if he has the big Servo Harness thingy, then you should hit it hard- it hits hard in the Assault phase! The problem I see is that you shoot down the Servitors, the Techpriest lives due to a fancy 2+ save, then he become an Independant Character (IC)again- and you can't shoot him again because of IC status. Shouldn't be too bad, just try to maul those servitors straightaway, and keep him at arms length That servo harness is nasty.

The REAL problem is those Termies. This is when we need to know what models you own, and the list you like to use The other problem with Termies, apart from their 2+ save, is the Asscannon. It will make short work of Destroyers if the Rend you, but you luckily recive WBB from that. Termies will be your biggest problem. Weight of firepower (lots of dice, make him roll lots of 1's) or Heavy Destroyers is the way to go to kill them. Or the Deciever- but let's not talk about him yet

You can walk away from Termies, but the Assault Cannons are a problem. And they will eat Scarabs for breakfast with those Powerfists. Either leave them, or throw everything at them when they get close.. Rapidfire, Destroyers, Lord + Staff of Light, even assault with Scarabs and Destroyers and Tomb Spyders and everything possible. Everything and anything possible. You may still lose, but you need everything to kill them. Otherwise, when they assault your unit, use a Veil of Darkness to teleport away, and then shoot them with everything again.

Anyways, reply and let us know what models you own/ list you have, and we can help you further. :yes:

Hope to hear from you soon Chief
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. June 9th, 2007, 13:26