Reinforcements from Commarragh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reinforcements from Commarragh

I have very recently purchased a bunch of used dark eldar. I have yet to play a game with them and have no idea what sort of army i wish to make. I'm going to list what i own (this is not an army list) and if anyone has any suggestions please tell me

HQ: Archon
    Incubi (5)

Troop: Sybraite (5)
    Warrior (Dark Lance) (10)
    Warrior (Blaster) (10)
    Warrior (31)

Heavy Support: Ravanger (1)

"Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Hi,
    You seem to have the Dark Lances, Sybarites and Blasters very well covered and would even suggest selling off half of these as you are never going to need all of them in one army list.
    What you lack are assault troops, spelt Wyches and transports for them in the form of Raiders and the ratio I would consider is 8 Wyches per Raider with a Succubus in each squad that carries an Agoniser.
    After this I would look at getting more Heavy Support with another Ravager armed with Disintergrators only, the Lances are well covered off by the Raiders and your 10 Man sniper squads (that equals 8 warriors with splinter rifles and 2 with dark lances – great as a semi static anti armour squad). Go for a limit of 1500 points to start with and concentrate on the core units of Warriors, Archon, Wyches, Raiders, Ravagers and later on Reavers for something really fast!
    Good gaming and good luck.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I can only really agree with Mr Wacky1. You've got most of the troops you'll need for a decent Raider or WWP based army. Get some assaulters (Wyches), a raider for them, another Ravager (disintegrator gunboat), and you should have a few points left over for the fun stuff (my fun stuff includes a Warp Beast pack, which i admittedly have yet to use but expect to be great value, and a squad of 3 bikes with 2 blasters, who only fail to make their points up when they miss with both Blaster shots at a tank, which unfortunately happens with disturbing regularity).

And yes, that's definitely more blasters and lances than you'll need, unless you decide to go a massive infantry based army (I've heard of it working, simply on the basis that Warriors are top value, even if their weapon is S3).

Incidentally, how did you come by so many Blasters without having to deal with Shredders? I had to buy 2 blister packs to get the blasters, and then use the Shredders to convert up some "blasters" for my jetbikes. (Never doing THAT again!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    Hi,
    You seem to have the Dark Lances, Sybarites and Blasters very well covered and would even suggest selling off half of these as you are never going to need all of them in one army list.
    In fact, if you do want to sell, PM me a picture, how many your selling and the price!:yes:
    Einherjar! The chosen slain!
    We Die Armed! We Await Russ!

Venerable Dreadnaught amoung the

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. I realize that i have a lot of Dark Eldar warriors. My gamming store has a "bargin bin" where individual models, which were sold by players to the store, are sold. There were no shredders or splinter cannons, only blasters and dark lances. I figured for $1.00 per warrior, i would just buy all they had and sort the rest out later they also had the incubis and the ravanger there.
    "Drop emergency bulkheads! Activate compression rams! Set internal bracing! Issue brace for impact alert! I repeat, brace for impact!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the replies. I realize that i have a lot of Dark Eldar warriors. My gamming store has a "bargin bin" where individual models, which were sold by players to the store, are sold. There were no shredders or splinter cannons, only blasters and dark lances. I figured for $1.00 per warrior, i would just buy all they had and sort the rest out later they also had the incubis and the ravanger there.

+ Reply to Thread