Back after a 2 year hiatus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back after a 2 year hiatus

I've been playing DE since 3rd ed came out, but it has always been a second army to me with my Marines being my primary army. I've however been away from the game for about 2 years, following my resentment towards GW for pulling out of Asia and causing prices to spike 150% overnight. Of course now most of that has settled, the local community has begun growing again, and we have a new reliable source of (somewhat) affordable miniatures. Therefore, I've returned to 40k

I've been away for abit, but the first thing I realised is that Eldar Online no longer exists. Does this mean this is the last remaining bastion for us DE players as far as forums go? Also, has anything changed? I read the sticky and it seems that GW hasn't fixed a date for the new codex release though

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

hey!
    welcome to DE forums and LO.

no date yet for codex, chaos is next i seen sneek peeks of some of the new models. they look awesome, i like the power claw(might be fist, its weird looking) with the eye on it, quite cool, was always a chaos fan, might start one as my next army. I Think its orks after that then SW's we won't see a release until late 2008 or early 2009. however we do know that GW's have been researching DE from other forums, so these releases are what people think, not what they know(guess this answers yout other question).
    Since imo DE needs the most work, some units have become unused and the models are average at best.
    Also with GW recalling stock and repackage wyches it could be sooner rather than later. they are clearing alot of stock of DE and in some countries you gotta mail order them now.
    Therefore with all this in mind its anyone guess to a new release date.

There seems to be a surge in DE players recently, i dunno what it is but alot of peeps are joing these forums over the past few weeks. for anyone else reading this, is this the norm for LO DE threads?
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Joasht View Post
    I've been playing DE since 3rd ed came out, but it has always been a second army to me with my Marines being my primary army. I've however been away from the game for about 2 years, following my resentment towards GW for pulling out of Asia and causing prices to spike 150% overnight. Of course now most of that has settled, the local community has begun growing again, and we have a new reliable source of (somewhat) affordable miniatures. Therefore, I've returned to 40k

I've been away for abit, but the first thing I realised is that Eldar Online no longer exists. Does this mean this is the last remaining bastion for us DE players as far as forums go? Also, has anything changed? I read the sticky and it seems that GW hasn't fixed a date for the new codex release though

Thanks!
    Hello! Eldar online, the forum is now 40konline. I am always surprised at how many people on librarium play dark eldar though, the DE forum is almost as fast as the eldar one. The only thing that might have changed for you is the small DE update so you want to make sure you have the newer DE codex (still very old) has a white stamp on the cover. My guess for the new codex which I'm not really looking forword to is late in 2010. Just my guess.
    Prey they don't take you alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply guys!

The DE update has been out for really long; I played with it long before I went MIA haha....shows how time flies when you play 40k! I remember the release of 3rd ed as if it were yesterday.....ah yes, my 6 hour-long 500 point game against my cousin when both of us decided to learn the new rules by playing

I'm a little concerned about the new releases tho, since I still need at least one or two more Raiders, but I'm afraid that they might release a really cool new one next time. Do you guys think the Raiders will see a revamp? I know the infantry would for sure (cept maybe the Incubi). Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

I can see your point, but they are the last and i can say this with confidence the last models GW will change are the raiders and ravagers.. These are without a doubt the best looking transports in the game, although they are hard to keep on their base.
    they are great models and look amazing, infact i love them and many others will say the same. I wouldnt worry about those getting revamped, GW have enough other models to look at before our raiders and ravagers.

wyches, warriors, mandrakes and grotesques will be the models that get redone IMO.
    well not so much warriors.
    anyone agree?

Plus DE will be a whole year before they are re-released at the very least, Orks and SW's will definitely be next, its a sure thing since orks were supposed to be out before chaos but got held back.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

amount of DE players: i think it's one of these things that eb's and flows.

as on the topic of the de codexs. we have a second edition, which changed very little (althoough made wyches better and easier to understand). and pistachio lindt choclate is tasty. and thats all i have to say on the issue.

re-enjoy 40K, we still kick, and scream and have odd rules that everyone says are cheesy, yet say our race sucks, go figure.

rewelcome to the fold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha Splata you need a signature: "this. is. SPLATAAAA"

Jokes aside, its reassuring for people to tell me that Raiders are not likely to be redone, so I can feel more secure in purchasing one. IMO tho the warriors are kinda....bad. Could be better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about the double post, but I decided to make a separate post since I posted my last reply a couple of hours back, and was worried people might miss this.

Are there any good tactica articles out there? I already saw the basic one on this forum, and I'm hunting for more, just for reading pleasure. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x2)

other than the ones posted on the main page... umm no.

but if you go to armies section you will see all us agressive DE squabble over tactics..

best place to be and very good for yourself since you already know how to play them.
    post an army then let us rape it and tell you whats what.:yes:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

While raping it, each and every one of us will tell you how the above changes are good or stupid, and decide what else needs to be in there based off our own bias. People go on and on about how cookie-cutter DE lists are, 1. They aren't because every list is played differently, even if built the same and 2. We have more pages of wargear selection than we have of troop choices...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast