What do Skimmers count as? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

What do Skimmers count as?

I was reading through the vehicle moving and shooting summary when I thought: "What do the Grav-Tanks count as?"

The Codex says for the Falcon and Fire-prism: Fast, Skimmer. Does this mean that they come under the heading "Fast vehicle" or "Neither Fast nor a Walker"? Previously I had always taken it for granted that they were in the "Neither" category, but then why would it say Fast? So here I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are both, fast and a skimmer. When you use movement and shooting, they come under the fast vehicle on the reference sheet. I hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skimmer for movement purposes and fast for shooting puposes. Skimmers are much harder to hit in both hand to hand combat and with ranged weapons. Fast vehicles have greater flexiblity when it comes to moving and shooting your full compliment of weapons. They are not a fast vehicle in terms of movement only shooting, so I guess really grav-tanks count as skimmers with the ability to shoot on the move unlike other vehicles that have to choose between mobility or firing that big gun/s.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Answered to a tee. Thanks to you both.
    Last edited by Shiz_Vaerth; June 26th, 2007 at 01:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

+ Reply to Thread