Striking Scorpians????? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Striking Scorpians?????

I just recieved a squad of Striking Scorpians from my friend who just quit playing Eldar and Im wondering if putting them in my army is worth it or not. I mean Infiltrating might come in handy but how often will I use it??????

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

This has nothing to do with fluff. This belongs in the Eldar forum. Please take care as to where you post threads.

Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

scorpions are tougher than banshees due to their high armour save, can infilitrate like you said, and a whole unit can dish out more attacks in CC than you would believe possible.

They are my favorite assualt troop, use them well.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah I know they get a total of 25 attacks on the charge but ive only been able to get them into combat a few times even with infiltrate.......

Anyone got any ideas??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Really? my Son has no problems with his, they eat squads, perhaps lacking the outright clinical lethality of harlequins, but they can take attrition better, they eat throguh loads of stuff, infiltrate but also take move through cover, shouldnt have problems.

If you use them in isolation they can get flattened, but then that is true of any unit in the eldar codex
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by AvEnGeD_DeAth View Post
    Yah I know they get a total of 25 attacks on the charge but ive only been able to get them into combat a few times even with infiltrate.......

Anyone got any ideas??????

I would get more of them. An 8-elf squad should be decent. And if you give them stalker and send them through cover,they should have much more success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

As wumpus says, the squad should be maxed i nsize (10) ideally
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use a transport too

I find infiltrate to be a double-edged sword...it does get you closer, but many players will attack an infiltrating unit if its alone and the closest thing to their lines.

If you mount a full squad in a wave serpent and give them move through cover then you have a better shot of consistently getting them into combat if you don't have many other infiltrating or fast elements in your army.
    Have fun,

Frank

"Orcs are what happens when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles grow old and bitter."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After making hq and troop choices i always make my next choice scorpians and give them a wave serpant to send them where needed using them for backup to dire avengers warp spiders or just to anialate other troops. having seen the dammage they can do to a full ten man tactical squad aswell as a grey knight terminator squad any eldar player should squeeze them in but as with all units better a full complement ie 10 if you can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmaneldar View Post
    I find infiltrate to be a double-edged sword...it does get you closer, but many players will attack an infiltrating unit if its alone and the closest thing to their lines.

If you mount a full squad in a wave serpent and give them move through cover then you have a better shot of consistently getting them into combat if you don't have many other infiltrating or fast elements in your army.
    i would have to agree, if is best to have an additional very fast squad that can contribute to the forward advance of the scoprions. personally my strategt is going to be putting shinning spears up with them, and use them to tire up a shooty squad that is going to deter my scorpions. with the CC they also block LOS so that you can advance with less fire getting to your scorpions. once your scorpion are in position, then you can withdraw the spears to attack flanks or possible light tanks. or just to recharge next to the scorpions to collapse a flank.

if you leave the scorpions out there alone, someone is going to get shooting at them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast