We'll Be Back Criteria - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

We'll Be Back Criteria

Instead of going off-topic in the thread in which this issue came up, I would like to hear other members' observations concerning the criteria for WBB, specifically the 6" rule. The following is an excerpt from the other thread:

I have (and others here on the boards) always argued that determining a model's eligibility for WBB should be done at the very moment it loses its last wound. The basis for this arguement is extrapolated (as far as I can remember) from the the section in the official Necron FAQ that states that RO coverage should be determined at the time a model loses its last wound. There is no denying this.

However, ... I thought about that first model that goes down, who obviously (probably) has a model within range, and then the next, and the next, down to the very last model. If we determine, by logic based on the FAQ, WBB at the moment the model loses its last wound, then every model except the last one should be able to make a WBB roll the next turn (having satisfied the 6" rule), without a Tomb Spyder nearby. But we know, for a fact, this is not true and that a Tomb Spyder must be present for all those downed Necrons to make WBB rolls. Thus, we cannot assume that WBB is determined at the time of "death" for all criteria.

I am, thus, suggesting that meeting the 6" rule criteria must be determined at the time WBB rolls are being made. A descenting reply would have to allow for the aforementioned scenario in order to maintain its position.

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no requirement that all WBB rolls be made at the exact same time. If this is not refutable, then each WBB roll can be rolled one at a time allowing for a reverse domino effect of rising "Necrons" as each successfully raised model now counts towards the similar model criteria.

:shifty:

Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

As far as i know, all WBB rolls are made at the same time, a they are all at the start of your turn, so i dont think you could use a reverse domino effect.
    Also, the 6" eligibility is taken from the start of the turn too, not when necrons are downed.
    Say if you loose 5 warriors in CC, then your unit breaks and flees 10", the downed warriors would not get WBB unless there is another unit with 6" of where they got killed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I roll the dice at the same time, however for each squad I roll separately. So for squad A I roll X dice, for squad B I roll X dice etc. etc. It just clears things up for the opponent and then it gives my destroyers/lord a better chance to die.

Now this is just how it works for my group and myself, the necron players at the Manchester GW play it that way too.

Either way they're made at the start of the necron player's turn before anything else.
    |T|O|O|-|L|A|Z|Y|-my anti-drug

The rep button () is your friend!

Be off-topic and visit www.theopia.com

Space Wolves (500) 6-0-3

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Right.
    Let me see if I'm reading this right.

So remember that unless a necron is downed by a situation that denies its WBB, and there isn't another necron of the same type is in range, they become debris until another necron of the same type. This tells me that the elegibility criteria is checked every turn until the WBB is either failed, made or denied by another factor.

As far as the "domino effect" I belive the WBB elegibility is determined at ONE moment, the begining of the turn.
    All elegible models get a WBB roll, but those at that moment of elegibility do NOT. I do not belive the WBB "phase" is continuous, as you suggest but rather there is a moment in time when you determine which models get their WBB and then you roll for those models.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Your half right. However, with the first half of your point, you only test for a model's WBBat the start of your turn after they were downed. If, at the start of that turn, the model is not eligible for WBB, then the model is removed. It does not stay unil it is eligible, it just 'phases out'.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Your half right. However, with the first half of your point, you only test for a model's WBBat the start of your turn after they were downed. If, at the start of that turn, the model is not eligible for WBB, then the model is removed. It does not stay unil it is eligible, it just 'phases out'.
    Sorry deceiver, but this has been debated before. As long as the model hasn't been downed by something that specifically negates a WBB, and they are ineligible due to being out of 6'' etc, then they stay as debris. If you read carefully, the rules specify that you only remove the model once it has failed a WBB. So, you could indeed have necrons littered across the board with one squad running around collecting them each turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Wow, cant believe ive missed that.
    However, how does WBB then work against things which normally deny WBB? i.e if a warrior is killed by a S8 shot, he wont get WBB. But, say 3 turns later a lord moves to within 6" of where the necron as killed, what happens then??
    because he originally wouldnt be able to get a WBB, but later on he could, same as you said, having a unit wander around collecting troops, a lord could wander around resurrecting troops. It just makes the game too complicated as you will need to remember how each downed warrior was killed.
    Last edited by Phoenix; July 6th, 2007 at 22:45.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    Wow, cant believe ive missed that.
    However, how does WBB then work against things which normally deny WBB? i.e if a warrior is killed by a S8 shot, he wont get WBB. But, say 3 turns later a lord moves to within 6" of where the necron as killed, what happens then??
    They can't get back up. WBB only applies in the following necron turn. After that, the necron is lost for the rest of the game.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

Exactly, which was my point in the first place. So warriors cannot wait around to be resurrected.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    They can't get back up. WBB only applies in the following necron turn. After that, the necron is lost for the rest of the game.
    I have to disagree with you rork. You don't pick them up until they have failed their WBB or they were downed by something that denies WBB and there isn't an orb in the area.

I remember a big debate about this a while ago. I'll see if I can't dig up the thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 6th, 2007, 15:25