XV8(Crisis) movement... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battlesuit HQ questions

I read in the Pirhana guide that XV8s can move 12" in the movement phase+another 6" in the assault. I know the assault part is true, but can they really move 12" in movement phase?

Also, what does a targetting array look like? Can I put one on my HQ as a support system, then put on a hard wired multi tracker as wargear? Auto hitting with a cost of 10 points seems worth it.

Last edited by Imanoob; July 8th, 2007 at 16:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Imanoob View Post
    I read in the Pirhana guide that XV8s can move 12" in the movement phase+another 6" in the assault. I know the assault part is true, but can they really move 12" in movement phase?

Also, what does a targetting array look like? Can I put one on my HQ as a support system, then put on a hard wired multi tracker as wargear? Auto hitting with a cost of 10 points seems worth it.
    Part 1,
    They move six inches in the movement phase and six inches in the assualt phase for a total of twelve inches.

Part 2,
    A TA looks like anything you want it to for WYSIWYG rules, yes you can put a TA and a HWMT on your crisis suit as long at they are a team leader, Shas'vre, Shas'El or Shas'O

Dave
    I don't care what you say. I found a lightsaber in my garage and that makes me a Jedi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no its not true that you can move 12 in the movment phase and another 6 in assult. its prob a typo as you move 12 overall.
    Dont Look Back... Something Might Be Gaining ;-)
    Tau 1500 (in progress) win/draw/loss 3/1/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

Would putting a fusion blaster, plama rifle and a flamer on my crisis+a multi tracker be a good idea? I mean, hitting on a 2+ is already really good...

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Thank you.

Would putting a fusion blaster, plama rifle and a flamer on my crisis+a multi tracker be a good idea? I mean, hitting on a 2+ is already really good...
    Two things:

1) First, there's no such thing as an "Auto-hit" for Tau (minus the Flamer, which is a waste). If you give, for example, a Shas'O a Targeting Array, he still hits on a 2+, so you're just wasting points on him. The most accurate you can be is hitting on a 2+ with re-rolls, which is also not really worth it.

2) Second, three weapon systems are a bad idea in my opinion, especially when your third system is a Flamer. First, it wastes your Suits' potentially high BS, takes up a hard point that could be better served by a Targeting Array, and look at the weapons you have. Flamers don't fit in with FB's and Plasma - they go for heavy infantry, Flamers go for light. I'd avoid it if I were you.

You can take a TA, two weapons, and a hard-wired MT as long as you have access to the armoury.

The ORIGINAL Sniper Puss eiglepulper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    596 (x8)

Agree with Lost Nemesis about the weapons: if you *do* decide to go 3-weapon-suit, then Plasma/Fusion/Missile pod and HWMT is the selection to take. It means that your Shas'O is just about able to take on anything from 'a long way off' to 'up close and personal'. The Target Array is not available to this XV8 Configuration which is why it goes to the 'O rather than the 'El.

It also makes him a Jack-Of-All-Trades which can be advantageous, but it is usually more sensible to define his battlefield role and equip him accordingly.

E.
    "Tau Commandment #226: Participants who use Velocity Trackers in the Tau Clay Pigeon Tournament will be disqualified"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eiglepulper View Post
    Agree with Lost Nemesis about the weapons: if you *do* decide to go 3-weapon-suit, then Plasma/Fusion/Missile pod and HWMT is the selection to take. It means that your Shas'O is just about able to take on anything from 'a long way off' to 'up close and personal'. The Target Array is not available to this XV8 Configuration which is why it goes to the 'O rather than the 'El.

It also makes him a Jack-Of-All-Trades which can be advantageous, but it is usually more sensible to define his battlefield role and equip him accordingly.

E.
    If you take the HWMT and three weapon systems on a TL or 'el/'o how many weapons can you fire?

what about if you took TLMP and a plasma rifle with HWMT? what could you fire in a turn?

I've never thought of putting three weapons on a suit before!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post
    If you take the HWMT and three weapon systems on a TL or 'el/'o how many weapons can you fire?

what about if you took TLMP and a plasma rifle with HWMT? what could you fire in a turn?

With a Multi tracker, you can always shoot up to 2 battlestuit weapons in one shooting phase... As said in the codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With a Multi tracker, you can always shoot up to 2 battlestuit weapons in one shooting phase... As said in the codex.
    i havenm't got the codex with me at work and the idea stuck in my mind!!

Does a TL weapon count as two or one though?? I'm thinking it would only count as one for the purpose of a multi tracker.

therefore a suit with access to the armoury could take say TLMP and a plasma rifle and a HWMT and fire everything. correct?

(damn i need to PDF my codex so i can have it close to hand while at work!!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    724 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xsickpeoplex View Post

You can only ever fire two weapons systems per turn, multi allows any model equiped with it to fire two weapons per turn, this is why its a waste to put three weapons systems on an XV8, espcecialy a Shas'El because you lose the hard point which is best used for the targeting array for +1 to BS which is lots more useful.

If you took a twin linked MP and a plasma you could fire the TLMP and the Plasma as the TLMP only counts as one weapons system even though it takes up two hardpoints. (if you take any weapon twin linked the maximum amount of weapons systems you can take is two because the TL weapon takes up two hard points, leaving you only one for another weapon).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast