tau vs necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: tau vs necrons

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

tau vs necrons

im decievers bro i play tau and can virtually never beat him

i was wondering if anyone has an effective was of kickin some metal arse???

please reply if you have any ideas or army lists

ty

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

it would really help if you told us what units you have, how many points the game is, what lists he playes, how good he is, and what type of tau you play(mech, hybrid, or gunline)

anyway, some genral advice is keep your distance. with your crisis suits and tanks, you will have the range and meunuverability to stay out of range of most of his weapons since a majority is range 24". if you do FOF, their transports will have a tough time staying alive with all those glancing 6's. i've been trying to thing of a statagie to conter this and this is what i got so far.

have transports take fire warriors to objective and/or a good firing position depending on mission. then with firewarriors droped off, use devil's to skirt the flank and herras certain units, prefferably his assault units, since their slow and they cant fire back(mostly) and with the firewarriors, have them stay put and pump out pulse fire at anything that threatns the unit or objective. you dont have to worry about assaulting units to much, since they should be tyed up with transport, or your in a good position away from them to start with(which is preferable) your tanks and crisis suits, if played right, and certain units are elimanated early, should never be touched, using their superior weapons range to kill from afar.

dont get me wrong, FOF will still work, though your transports surviablity will lower a good chunk. for more advice fill us in a little more with the info i talked about first.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

well i can field most types of armys although the only fast attack i have is vespid

its difficult to keep him at bay as he has a monoltih and deepstrikes it straight in to the middle of my force and spawning troops from it each turn and i know if field too many railguns i will waste all my points on heavy options

i normally go with a mech army most of which are fireknives but i ussually end up splashin out on my hq squad do you think this is a good idea

we normally dont play objective missions we just play straght forward kill

i also need an effective way to get rid of scarab swarms as he just takes masses of theese and ties up some of my most useful units for most of the game do you think a carnivore squad would be able to stop them?

the units i normally gun for are the destroyers as these can do some nasty damage to my forces especially the heavys against my tanks

what i really want to know is what to get rid of first, how to make his monilith as useless to him as possibe, how to immobilise his scarabs and where to move my crisis suits on the battlefield

thanks for any help offered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Hammerhead pie plates can smash those swarms up real quick. Lots of fireknives is a good way to go. Plasma is good vs. crons. My suggestion is to focus fire your whole army at a unit at a time. Throwevey shot you can at a single enemy unit, hopefully you can kill all the members and deny them the WBB and if not, there will be less next turn and they will be easier to kill. Try to shoot out his weaker units, i.e. try to knock out the unit of 10 crons vs. the unit of 20. The quicker you can kill his unit the better. A unit of 2 broadsides with shield drones should do nicely to knock out the annoying liths. Given TA they should be penning a lith a turn.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Deceiver View Post
    im decievers bro i play tau and can virtually never beat him
    Hey there Deceiver's brother.

This is nothing against you or Deceiver, however, at LO it is a strict policy that one person should have one account.

It's unlikely to be a problem in your case, however, it can get very messy should there be any problems or what not, I'm sure you can appreciate.

So.., please take a few moments to register for yourself - it really doesn't take long at all.

Cheers

Papa Karmoon
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Closed Thread