Rules Lawyer Question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rules Lawyer Question

Ok i know this is totally rules lawyerish but I'm gonna ask anyway.

The Dark Reaper exarch power Fast Shot states that an Exarch can not use Fast Shot in the same turn as Crack Shot, however Maugan Ra is not an Exarch he is a Phornix Lord and he also has both powers.

Does this mean Maugan Ra, unlike a mere Exarch, can use both powers in the same turn?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Without the presence of the specific wording on hand (don't play space elves) but I'd say no. I believe that there are wordings that allude to Phoenix Lords being like Exarchs. Additionally, the basic rules sorting situation goes like this: 1) is there clear wording 2) can common sense give you an answer 3) majority rules (or tournament organizers, etc.)

This one probably makes it to number 2 but at that step you have two points. First, in the previous edition the powers were the same and they couldn't be mixed, ever. Secondly, the intent that the powers weren't to be mixed is made rather clear in their rules.
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Well, using said rules-lawyer approach, I would absolutely let Maugan Ra use both powers in a turn....

However, he would gain absolutely no benefit from them, as the powers specifically mention that the Exarch is the one that gains the benefits of said powers.

:ninja:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

honestly, the clear intent is that both can not be used in the same turn, the wording is unfortunate, but as stjohn points out, the effects allow the EXARCH to bla bla, so if he wants to play rules lawyers, so can you, he can use both powers but they have no effect

(rep StJ)
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by stjohn70 View Post
    Well, using said rules-lawyer approach, I would absolutely let Maugan Ra use both powers in a turn....

However, he would gain absolutely no benefit from them, as the powers specifically mention that the Exarch is the one that gains the benefits of said powers.

:ninja:
    Zing!

Bottom Line is this: Use your common sense. Oh,and edit for A message from Pheonix Wright.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Wumpus; July 11th, 2007 at 11:06.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pound of flesh.

I like that answer! It kinda like merchant of Venice. You may take your pound of flesh but not spill one drop of blood.....

+ Reply to Thread