Combat Patrol vs Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combat Patrol vs Orks

Hi all,

My buddy just started an Ork army. We played our first two combat patrols last night and he wiped me out both times, so I was looking for some tips for next time.

His approximate army (I'm not too familiar with the unit names or upgrades):
    3 trucks
    1 squad of truck-boyz
    1 squad of normal boyz
    1 HQ boss

The first time, I tried 2x11 Warriors. The second time, I tried 11 warriors and 4 destroyers. The second game was definitely less decisive, but he still beat me pretty easily. Scarabs would be useful, but I can't use them in combat patrol. Any advice? I was thinking maybe 12 warriors and 10 flayed ones with the warriors in front of the flayed ones shooting as the orks approached and then the flayed ones behind them for a counter-assault...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you might want to try immortals (if u can use them in a combat patrol) they will be able to take them down from range and u can move and shoot! plus touphness X that really helps.
    Necrons 1500:27-6
    Imp Guard 1000:15-3
    Orks 750:5-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

shove a nice little tombspyder in there, he'll tye up combat nicely. And when i played i was allowed to spawn the SS's, but i dont know if that was legal :shifty:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

The Perfect 400pts List

An army list with expensive troops makes it hard to constuct a 400pts force with balanced and effective traits. But over the years I have seen this same list used by 4 players (2 of them won the UK doubles tournament)

This is one of the most popular and most used Necron lists for 400pts as it is very effective and well balanced.

180 - 10 Necron Warriors.

150 - 3 Destroyers

55 - Tomb Spyder

Total: 385

I can't remember where the other 15pts were spent but all an all it is a very effective necron list.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

DS on the Tomb SPyder - can you do that maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Proiteus View Post
    An army list with expensive troops makes it hard to constuct a 400pts force with balanced and effective traits. But over the years I have seen this same list used by 4 players (2 of them won the UK doubles tournament)

This is one of the most popular and most used Necron lists for 400pts as it is very effective and well balanced.

180 - 10 Necron Warriors.

150 - 3 Destroyers

55 - Tomb Spyder

Total: 385

I can't remember where the other 15pts were spent but all an all it is a very effective necron list.
    this is the same list ive used many times, and it has always proven very effective.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. July 12th, 2007, 21:54