Best stratedgy for fighting daemonettes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best stratedgy for fighting daemonettes

My buddy has an entire daemonet army and i couldnt figure out a way to beat him at 1500 points and i was wondering if anyone had any tips to beat him...

Here is what he does first he hides his lord with warp beast body guards in the middle of the map on the second turn he summons the daemonettes and he moves to get closer to me, i shoot at him but i only yake out a squad of 2 of them, he chardes rends me to death, my lord can only get so many crons into the res orb ranges and by the 5th turn i phase out? hmm what to do?

Necrons 1500:27-6
    Imp Guard 1000:15-3
    Orks 750:5-3

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Wait for the release of the new chaos codex, deamons shouldnt be as nasty lol. Or, if you play him before that, try a monolith to get your troops out of CC, and fast thigs such as destroyers, wraiths, scarab swarms and even immortals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

So, daemonettes are hard hitters, but they are NOT endurance troops.
    I often outlast them in CC. I keep my Lord near my warriors at all times, so when they are assaulted(usually by a pack of 6), they take a few rend, and maybe a few regular armor saves. BUT, they are a low toughness daemon, so retribution is a B****. From that point on, they just start to die off. The problem becomes when the pack of 6 'nettes are followed up by oh.. say. 5 more packs of MORE daemonettes, etc. In that case, I kill the icon bearer ASAP, and VoD out of trouble whenever possible and rapid fire the holy crap out of them(they die good)

Daemons suffer from pariah love too. Instability at Ld 7 is a horrible fate.
    Say you intercept with flayed ones(for a Ld6, now) and then with a LORD(with gaze)
    mmmMMMmm good.

Otherwise, you use your destroyers to kill off any stray packs before they can get into the safety of CC.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank for the advice yak but he useually can take out the whole squad at once because my lord cant cover all 3 squads of warriors at the same time and with 10-12 daemonetes in a squad he just shreds me apart, but i will definetly add a monolith to my troops and maybe destroyer lord to get around fast so i can be near a squad to res orb them if needed that will help also.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by omgitsbob View Post
    thank for the advice yak but he useually can take out the whole squad at once because my lord cant cover all 3 squads of warriors at the same time and with 10-12 daemonetes in a squad he just shreds me apart, but i will definetly add a monolith to my troops and maybe destroyer lord to get around fast so i can be near a squad to res orb them if needed that will help also.
    Then I think your warriors are definitely out of formation and scattered.
    I make extensive use of the "phalanx" formation. where the lord is flanked by two squads, and then trailed behind by a third squad in a triangle

WWWW WWWW
    WWWW L WWWW
    WWWW WWWW
    WWWWW
    WWWWW

W= warriors
    L= Lord.

I get 90% coverage of my troops this way.
    If I have immortals, I put the third warrior squad up front, and then
    put the Immortals in the position where the warriors are now.

Monolith at 1500pts.. I think is a profound points sink.
    Every single time without exception, when a monolith is fielded against me, regardless of which army I play.... it dies.. by turn 3. I'd rather field a nearly full unit of destroyers instead.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will trey the phalanx formation next time i play him hopefully it will give me more coverage of the warriors i found the mono to help in my last game with its flux arcs into 3 swquads of daemoneetes when they were just in charge range help to kill a few from each squad plus teleporting 1 squad back for saves help but other that i think your advice will help Thanks Yak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

I dont see how your not getting all your warriors under the lords res orb. If at least one memeber of a unit is under the res, then the whole squad gets it.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can't summon all of his Daemonettes on one turn unless he gets really lucky, can he? And is his whole army the DL, warp beasts, and Daemonettes?

I'd Veil in 10 Immortals (Lord with Orb and Veil) behind him and mass some Destroyers to your rear. If he gets huge numbers of Daemonettes, he'll at least have to decide whether to divide his cc troops to take out those valuable Immies. It's a 480 point unit, but ignoring them would be a mistake and they might be enough alone to prevent phase out if he does ignore them.

You could also move a unit of ten warriors forward as sacrificial lambs and keep everything else back in rapid fire range. One good turn of rapid fire would reduce those nasties.

Alternately, use a Monolith to one side. You ought to get a particle whip in on something, then teleport units out of hth to rapid fire.

Demon bombs suck, no doubt about it. Eight Bloodletters once took out 8 Immortals and wounded the Lord on one turn against me, despite toughness 5. Cost me the game.

Weaf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id say take minimal heavy fire power as I'd say you dont need it if he is playing a swarming Nette army. What you need to do is march your necrons into firing range. Fire, move back, fire, VoD farther back just before he gets the charge, fire and fire some more. The low T and good basic gun of the cron will help you out a heck of alot here. The D'nettes cannot stand continuous suppressive fire, they will just fade away. Then by the time they get the charge you will have enough crons to survive his charge and then smash the remaining D'nettes to bits afterwards. That should take care of him.
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

+ Reply to Thread