What Do You Think About This Tactic? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thinking of using a tactic that I've been thinking about recently, but I'd like to know your opinnion first.
    So lets say I play my DE vs IG, were playing on a 6'x 6' board, and I have the first turn. I have 2 or 3 units of Reaver Jetbikes, couple of riders with wyches and warriors and lets say two talos.
    We are about 24"- 30" of eachothers, and as I said I start, so I'am moving my Reavers about 13" - 15", and my raiders 12" right behind them, then I unload my squads and hide after the bikes, then I shoot with splinter cannons from squads and lances(maybe horrofex could be better??) from raiders. In his turn, he destroys me maybe bikes and some raiders, remember that the talos slowly advance and acts as fire magnet, I assume he won't charge me, and in my next turn I can freely choose targets with my bikes, and squads can also charge some units.
    Note that this tactic is designed for TVR, couse in those rules when my transport is destroyed, then the squad wchich was with in is automaticly pinned.
    So what do you think, and maybe you have some sugestions, that could make this tactic better. Thanks for any post, I'am new to this forum so don't yell to much

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

If you expect raider casualties no matter what happens, then it will be more effective to use empty raiders as mobile cover. This way you do not depend on expensive bikes as shields (remember, IG have a LOT of firepower), but on an inexpensive raider wreck, which is indestructible and even blocks more LOS than equal points of reavers do.
    You also can move even further towards the enemy, as your full raiders will probably not get destroyed (except eventually by barrage weapons).

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget the Talos, I only use them against Marines. Get more warriors, with splinter cannons and shredders. If you take bikes, get some with shredders. That str.6 blast is pretty nasty against such low-armoured enemies. The DL should take care of the tanks, no worries. Archos said it, Raiders are much better for cover, and with a free tank-killer on each one, they're a bargain! I'd also reccomend having a squad of warp beasts running up the field. they have 3 attacks standard, the beastmaster has an agoniser. A full squad moves 6" + D6" then charges 12". the beasts have 30 attacks on the charge at str.4 and the beastmaster is a bonus. Make sure they don't get shot at though. If the beastmaster dies, the squad dies too. a Full squad only costs 75 points, take it for sure against IG.
    R U 0K!??!? BUHHHHST WUUUULFFFFF!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Instead of the talos, get ravagers with disintegrators. I have found that they are the most potent thing against the Imps. Also, try kitting out a scourge squad with dark lances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

If you are playing 6x6 and start within 36" of him then he's probably not deploying properly for a shooty army that fears CC. On a 6x6 board I would not fear a Talos or waste shots on it if I was the IG player. It would never have enough turns to get in range.

Against IG a squad of Scourges with 4x SC is probably more effective than two Talos, especially if you outfit the Wytch Raiders with Screaming Jets for Deep Striking:
    2x Wytch Raiders w screaming jets (wytch weapons, 2xshredder and haywire grenades)
    8x Scourges w 4x splinter Cannon (20 S4 shots + a 12" move)
    2x Reaver Jetbike Squads (5 bikes each) - w Blasters if he uses lots of Tanks, otherwise take Shredders.

Fly 2 cheap Raider squads 24" up the middle and turn them broadside to the enemy. Fly your JetBike Squads up behind them using their Jets so that if the raiders somehow do not block los then they still get the invulnerable save.

In turn 2 you have the bikes support whichever of your Deep Strike units show up. Or hold everything in hiding until turn 3 (when all your DS units will probably be avail). Close Combat against IG is your key to success and the bikes are fast enough to help minimize any poor scatter result from the DS unit.

I can't remember how Mandrakes work but I think you can choose when they are revealed, meaning you can easily coordinate with the Deep Strike. Plus thier counters could be used to either keep him huddled in formation out of fear, or force him to move, out of fear.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn. I meant splinter cannons, not dark lances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok thanks for the posts but I have also something to say.
    First of all I said that we are playing with TVR, but I forgot to say that we also play with TAR. so from the start.
    If I use empty raiders for cover then I must also take a squad with it, next if I cover with empty raiders, like I wanted to do it with reavers, then when I disembark I can't shoot, with those squads, couse raiders are blocking my LOS, and when the raiders will come down, then I must manuver to pass the wreck, so I could not make it to HtH.
    Second we always start within 24" of each other, so in the second turn I can charge almost evry squad I want. We almost never play scenarios, so it is just piched battle with victory points, and there are no deep strikes, infiltrations, ect.
    Third, I've found that taking ravagers against IG is only a loss of points, couse he have so many heavy gun that it wont last even one turn. And Talos are very good fire magnets, and when I slowly advence trough the battlefield taking advantage in cover, then he can with stand, many shoots, and my friends fear him a lot.

Sorry about the spelling, I know that might be confusing, but I'am still learning english :rolleyes:
    Keep your thouths coming, mayeby we could do something good with this tactic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Scourges can always Deep Strike regardless of scenario rules. Try dropping a squad of them way behind his lines (out of LOS of his Squads), with 3 or 4x DL and take out the tank that most endangers your Talos.

I think a Scourge drop behind him, a Ravager with Night Shield in front of his squads (at range ~31-36") with 3x Disintegrators plus Raider Squads in the middle. This gives him too many targets. The Scourges will definately kill 1 tank per turn. The Ravager will definately kill one squad per turn. And the Raiders have DL which can't be ignored + troops. Any of these targets he ignores, will chew him up. Plus he probably won't have many things with enough range to hit the Raveger if it stays at max range.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes sourges can always deep strike, but they can't shoot with dark lances, after deep strike, and my friends takes always above 100 model so deep striking is very risky, and even if manage to do it he will shoot me to pieces.

And yes he got many target to shoot but last time we played he got something like that: 11 autocannons, 2 multilasers, 4 missile launchers, 4 Heavy Bolters, and leman russ battle tank with battle cannon, and 3 Heavy Bolters. He also got many lasguns and couple of granade launchers, so even when I got many units he will always destroy me some raiders, and ravager can't stand even one turn of his shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Sounds like you don't really need advice, just the last word.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast