Jetbikes question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jetbikes question

First off, Hi all! I have been playing warhammer 40k for a while and dark eldar were my first love but my second army. I have a quick question about the rules regarding dark eldar jetbikes. Can they also move six inches in the assault phase even if they don't assault like the craftworld eldar jetbikes do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

*sigh*

Yes, they can. As per the wargear book which you may have to track down. It's the most current printing of the rules and hence takes precedence. The DE codex does suggest they are and such but you'll need the wargear book for anything conclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Thanks for the quick respnose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

need for FAQ rising...
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    need for FAQ rising...
    Can be combined into the Tactica if there is enough input .
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is kind of a sore point for Teno, because by the core rulebook our jetbikes don't get the 6" instead of assault rule. This flies in the face of any kind of common sense, and that it's been rectified in the Wargear book rather than in a codex update or FAQ is, frankly, ludicrous.

I don't think anybody will stop you from using the 6" assault move that we really should have had in the first place.
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Redtwin View Post
    This is kind of a sore point for Teno, because by the core rulebook our jetbikes don't get the 6" instead of assault rule. This flies in the face of any kind of common sense, and that it's been rectified in the Wargear book rather than in a codex update or FAQ is, frankly, ludicrous.

I don't think anybody will stop you from using the 6" assault move that we really should have had in the first place.
    Hi,
    Yes, the description "Eldar Jetbikes" encapsulates both the Eldar and the Dark Eldar bikes and we got the 6" assault move in exchange for "May make a 12" assault move and a 3D6" pursuit or fall back move" combat drug roll in the 2nd Ed Codex so we really didn't gain that much in the end.
    So we never had the assault move in the first place really, it just got substituted.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wickywacky1 View Post
    Hi,
    Yes, the description "Eldar Jetbikes" encapsulates both the Eldar and the Dark Eldar bikes.
    I recall the description not saying specifically, though I don't have my book on me. The table of unit types at the end of 4th Ed specifically states that the eldar bikes are "eldar jetbike" unit types, while the reavers are just listed as "jetbikes." At the very least, the core book is contradictory, and at worst it denies us something our brethren get for no apparent reason.

Though if the latest codex printings rectify this, I suppose that's not as bad as only putting it in the Wargear book, but it should be entered in the FAQ or errata as well. Forcing DE players to repurchase their codex in order to remedy a GW misprint is icky.
    Last edited by Redtwin; July 19th, 2007 at 01:49. Reason: Wargear BOOK not wargear section
    Dark Eldar: Showing the Chaos gods how to do evil properly since 1998.

Borrowed DH Combat Patrol 1W/0D/0L
    Dark Eldar 1W/0D/3L (partially assembled)
    Necron 1W/0D/0L (I got my 'Crons back!)

Moo is my new personal hero. Click Undefeated Dark Eldar and DE? Good you say? to learn why.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

I recall the description not saying specifically, though I don't have my book on me. The table of unit types at the end of 4th Ed specifically states that the eldar bikes are "eldar jetbike" unit types, while the reavers are just listed as "jetbikes." At the very least, the core book is contradictory, and at worst it denies us something our brethren get for no apparent reason.

Though if the latest codex printings rectify this, I suppose that's not as bad as only putting it in the Wargear book, but it should be entered in the FAQ or errata as well. Forcing DE players to repurchase their codex in order to remedy a GW misprint is icky.
    Dude read teno's post again.
    its in the wargear book. a book GW has out so they can fleece more of our hard earned cash of us.
    Trust me we have the 6" move in assualt but unlike eldar we get +T and +S rather than the better armour save(correct me if i'm wrong but i'm almost sure they don't get that), Our bikes can CC theirs can't, well they can but its not advisable.
    however i do like their shuriken cannon choices, they can have 1 to every 3 bikes.
    But still we got blasters :wub:
    plus for arguments sake we can get 2 blasters in a 3 man squad...
    I'll drink to that

EDIT: opps my bad, i can't read :cry:, sorry i skimmed your post
    Last edited by dizzie; July 19th, 2007 at 02:09.
    If you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you...you won't be able to walk.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Hi,
    the "Description" you seek will involve the use of the Dark Eldar Codex, the War gear Book and the Core rules book. Start with the Codex to check the rules about Reavers, then read the Wargear book to check the most up to date rules for them ( this will come from 2 seperate pages) and follow the bouncing ball all the way back to the BGB.
    I know its convoluted, badly worded, ridiculous, unclear, non specific and what ever we can aim at it but when read in this order it makes sense.
    To sum up all Jetbikes use the “Eldar Jetbike” rules - all Jetbikes get the bonus 6" assault move.
    We lost the 12" assault combat drug (1st Ed Codex) and recieved the 6" assault rule (2nd Ed Codex), some trade off!
    Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast