1000pts list help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts list help

im going to start necrons for my next army i have played them a bit and know how affective they can be but i cant think of a necron army list wich would be good against space marines,imperial guard and chaos marines

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Dealing with opponants with 3+ saves can be difficult as necrons, like many armies, have a distinct lack of AP3 weaponry. However, that is slightly hypocritical. Mass firepower can deal with most enemies though, and against marines, destroyers, immortals and warrors are your friends. Also scarab swarms acn be useful for tying up squads with deadly ranged weaponry in CC.
    as for guard, ther 4+ saves (mostly) make them very vulnerable to Immortal firepower, and also Heavy Destroyers are good for tank busting.
    Combine these for a single generic shooty cron list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice but should i have any over close combat cause i will be up aginst a tougth black templar army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my list i have made so far i have
    1 necron lord,res orb=140
    15necron warriors=270
    15 necron warriors-270
    3 destroyers=150
    i dont no what else to add or change theirs 170 points left

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

your choice, but imo definitely some scarab swarms, then either 2 separate heavy destroyers or 3 wraiths.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

I have not yet lost to marines with my necron army.

at 1850, I field:
    1 Lord -resorb, warscythe
    3 squads of warriors

2 squads of 4 destroyers

1 squad of wraiths

1 squad of pariahs at 5 or 6 strong.

2 squads of 1 heavy destroyers

fill in the rest with immortals.

Hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would this army be any good aginst guard and marines
    1 necron lord resorb,warscythe
    14 warriors
    14warriors
    3destroyers
    2 heavy destroyers
    1 tomb spyder

i have the heavy destroyers because everbody in games workshop has tanks some have land raiders destroyers are there to help out the heavy destroyers and the tomb spyder is there to make shore the warriors get back up warriors are there to shoot them and necron lors is there to deal with those peskey terminators

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by psycho View Post
    would this army be any good aginst guard and marines
    1 necron lord resorb,warscythe
    14 warriors
    14warriors
    3destroyers
    2 heavy destroyers
    1 tomb spyder

i have the heavy destroyers because everbody in games workshop has tanks some have land raiders destroyers are there to help out the heavy destroyers and the tomb spyder is there to make shore the warriors get back up warriors are there to shoot them and necron lors is there to deal with those peskey terminators
    So, psycho. Heavy destroyers are great for higher points games because they add some extra benefit to mainly termies and other 2+ armored foes.

For tank hunting, your best bet is destroyers, the more destroyers you have the better.
    two groups of four is enough to really put the hurt on most armies. Followed by scarabs for tank hunting. I LOVE scarabs for tank hunting. They are very versatile, you can either use them to tie up mobs or zip around and go after tanks(and even skimmers with 10 bases, that's an average of 6 or 7 hits giving you one glance statistically).
    Followed distantly by pariahs and immortals great volume of fire at medium range.

So, in answer to your question, I would move the heavy destoryers to be destroyers to make a full squad of 5.

Just keep your target priorities in mind(and I'm not talking about the game mechanic).
    Take a look at your oponent's forces and determine what MUST die first and kill that until its gone(barring targets of oportunity).

For example, against marines: your highest target priorities are: heavy support choices(devestator squads, and vindicators) first and foremost. These guys will punish your army like no other first few turns of concentrated fire should kill these guys to manageable levels.

Second for me is assault squads lead by chaplains. They will do really bad things to your force, put enough shots into them from your destroyers and immortals and by the time they reach your phalanx, they should be manageable.

third: all other armor- with gauss, its like free points to see armor out on the field with destroyers around. Just zip around blow them up and rack up the points like its pinball.

The whole game you should be moving forward ever turn to get your warrior base into rapid fire distance, where you will REALLY tear them a new one.

hope this helps.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't bother with cc units other than scarabs in a 1000 pnt game if he's going to have Khorne Berserkers. I'd max out Destroyers in a five machine unit or bring two units of three and keep them near each other for WBB purposes. Those strength 6 weapons don't deny armor saves, but they will wound. With fifteen shots you ought to do 6-7 wounds and kill 2 marines. They're also the only thing in your army that can get in range of a Predator or worse, a Defiler. Defilers are murder if he hides it in a corner with indirect fire. Pie plate with no armor save or WBB roll. Can you say "phase out?"

Alternately, you could put down 9 scarab swarms with disruption fields and go tank hunting, or bring two extra Destroyers and five regular scarabs to speed bump his cc units. Assuming he doesn't bring a shooty army you'll want to keep his cc units at a distance.

Personally, I bring a Lord with Orb and Veil and a unit of Immortals against Chaos. In a 1000 point game you'll have safe places to Veil to, and 16 shots from a unit of eight immortals will usually yield one or two glancing hits on a tank. He'll hate rushing his cc units up only to see you pop in behind him. People can't seem to resist shooting at them, despite their toughness 5, as well. Again, watch out for a defiler here: if you Veil in a nice tight group and get pie plated...:cry:

I realized after I posted this that I fixated on Chaos when you'll be playing Black Templars. :xThink I read it as Black Legion. Still, the advice stands as far as the destroyers go.
    Last edited by Weaf; July 17th, 2007 at 05:15. Reason: Whoops! Fixated on Chaos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the army

thanks to the advice i finaly got the army list done

1 necron lord,resurrection orb,chronometron=150
    12 necron warriors=216
    12 necron warriors=216
    12 necron warriors=216
    4 destroyers200
    all the players im up against have alot of close comabt stuff an the guard player dont come down alot so i went for a all shooty army(i gave my lord chronometron because i had spare points and if he ever got in combat an won)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast