8th ED. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 8th ED. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still not done anything substantial for 8th. but I have decided I will most likely go for Death Korp as my force. they seem fun and a little different with options not regularly available for regular imperial guardsmen.
    currently I'm doing a 1/35th scale Tamiya Centurion up as a Vanquisher Macharius.
    just gotta decide what infantry to use. no way can I ever afford proper Death Korp.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x2)

An issue I've run into, (which I wouldn't mind getting a second opinion on), is working out exactly how many points things cost.

To take a valkyrie for example, the profile says it comes with a multi laser and hellstrike missiles, but what I don't understand is if those are included in the base cost as in old editions, or if I have to pay for those weapons on top of the base cost.

So let's say a valkyrie is 200pts, (it isn't, but let's say it is), do those 200pts buy me the vehicle plus it's guns, or do I have to them pay for the basic guns at a minimum, meaning the real cost is something like 240?

An irritating change if I'm right... but thought I'd ask!

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Blackadder; November 1st, 2017 at 11:59.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

You have to pay it in addition. So if it says valkyrie 200 points comes with 2 lascannons, you have to pay the points for the valkyrie and the cannons.

In matched play, you have to buy the base equipment the model is loaded with even if you don't want it. So for example a GK strike squad comes with a combat weapon and a storm bolter. I cannot elect to just arm them with the weapon. I must purchase the storm bolter.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
    An issue I've run into, (which I wouldn't mind getting a second opinion on), is working out exactly how many points things cost.

To take a valkyrie for example, the profile says it comes with a multi laser and hellstrike missiles, but what I don't understand is if those are included in the base cost as in old editions, or if I have to pay for those weapons on top of the base cost.

So let's say a valkyrie is 200pts, (it isn't, but let's say it is), do those 200pts buy me the vehicle plus it's guns, or do I have to them pay for the basic guns at a minimum, meaning the real cost is something like 240?

An irritating change if I'm right... but thought I'd ask!

Thanks guys!
    I hadn't even thought of that as possibility. Good question. I had assumed that the base weapons/equipment were included in the cost, as these points values were similar to previous versions, things are about to get a lot more expensive if I'm doing this wrong... Maybe try totaling up some Tournament lists from official GW posts and see where the numbers come out??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123