Incoming codex Special rules - Guesses, rumours, thoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Incoming codex Special rules - Guesses, rumours, thoughts

So with the incoming codexes focusing on Marine armies and giving them all a boost with a special army wide ability (though wolves didn't appear) what are people expecting/hoping to see for other races or chapters? What do you think you'll get?

I'm hoping the Orks will match up with the Templars and score a bonus to their charge distances, because if you're not charging with Orks you are doing something wrong.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

From what I hear Wolves/Blood + Dark Angels will apparently get their own book which is why they don't appear in the Chapter traits.

Raven guard seem quite filthy. -1 to hit them from over 12" away is BIG. Against armies that generally hit on 4's means they are going to be hard to take out. Especially if they have a highly mobile force that are able to keep that distance up whilst putting up lots of firepower.

Black Templars........ Well......... re-rolling charges is pretty damn useful. Really handy for deepstriking units. A 9" charge isn't so daunting or risky when you have a re-roll

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

Yeah Raven Guard are horrible. If their fliers have that trait then they are going to be near on impossible to hit.

Re-rolling charges is so helpful. I love the fact that all Orks have it. Really makes for threatening combat units.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I thought the CT only applies to Infantry, bikers and Dreadnoughts? Vehicles were otherwise unaffected (dreads being the exception).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

See this is a point of contention. The rules read as units with the <chapter> benefit from this. Now when you take a vehicle you can declare it to be of that chapter...so as written you can give chapter tactics to vehicles because I don't think it is written as Infantry <chapter> ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry kingzerno - rules as written are that Infantry, Biker and Dreadnought models gain a chapter tactic (except servitors) as long as the army is battle-forged and all units in the detachment share the same Chapter keyword.
    "Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"

"Ha Ha Ha! Mine is an evil laugh... now DIE!"

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Not that I'm one to gloat but "Ner Ner De Ner Ner"

I'm itching to see the new Blood Angel Codex to be honest. However from what I can see of the new Marine Dex....

Characters with over lapping benefits are seriously nasty. Plonk a Chapter master and a Lieutenant next to a unit (or more) for re-rolls on everything. It makes any unit disgustingly good. Super charged Plasma? No worries, it's as safe as anything now!! The fact that those benefits affect vehicles? Oh man.........

Repulsors, same price as a Land Raider pretty much. Same sort of Dakka (4 lascannon shots) plus some small arms Dakka........... oh, wait a whole HEAP of small arms Dakka. 5D6 shots at 18" plus two Heavy stubbers???? Oh........Ok then.

Predators also have been given a boost. A predator annihilator comes in at 190pts which isn't bad all things considered. 4 Lascannon shots, T7 and 11 wounds with a 3+ Save is a decent tank killer. With re-rolls flying about everywhere this looks like your go-to tank killer.......... wait......... that's what it was supposed to be. Huh. The "Kill shot Stratagem" is pretty nifty. What's that? Wounding a Knight on a 2+ and I do D6+1 Damage? Next to a Chapter Master and a Lieutenant as well you say?

Razorbacks. What's not to love about these little tanks? Twin Assault Cannons. 12 str6 shots. It's as tough (almost) as a Predator and comes in at ONLY 100pts. What's not to like about it? Oh. It can even carry troops!

Lieutenants on NORMAL Marines!!! YES!!!!! FINALLY!!! I've been waiting about 3/4 editions for this!!! I can't remember what codex had the different 'levels' of Marine HQs but, yeah, that one. 3rd Ed maybe? Re-rolling wound rolls of 1..... Sit him with Heavy weapon troops and make your opponent cringe.

Stratagems.......... Honour the Chapter.... Oh dear. I get to fight again in the fight phase. Terminators charge, attack and then attack again. For when you REALLY need something dead.

Relics are a bit 'Meh'. The fact that you have to have a certain type of equipment to be replaced by the relic limits the options which isn't nice. Nice to see some old classics like the Salamanders Mantle. Shield Eternal is still awesome but a shame you can't take it on a Primaris Captain (for now?).

Warlord traits are quite cool. The Raven Guard one is FILTH. Especially when combined with Relic jump pack. I can move 12", Advance, charge (with reroll charges). Oh, and you can't fire over watch at me either. The Salamanders one is nifty, str5 is a BIG jump now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x1)

That stratagem has to cost at least 3 points right? a double combat phase ridiculously heaves the balance of the new edition in the marines favour now. Gun line armies will suffer from not being able to weather the storm of a charge to back away.

Ravenguard just seem to be getting pumped up to the ultimate marines...bring on the wolves i say!

+ Reply to Thread