Xeno-Sympathising Guard Regiment (Remnants) Initial Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

Xeno-Sympathising Guard Regiment (Remnants) Initial Fluff

Transmission - Audio Broadcast from Primaris Psyker Aydrin Mallor [Aumet System] to Colonel Rufius Bradbeers of 23rd Macharian Warmongers [Belis Corona System]
    ++++++++Broadcasting on Omni-Encrypted Channels between Cruiser Thor's Retribution and Grand Cruiser Solar's Pride++++++

++++++++++++++++++++Begin Transmission++++++++++++++++++++

"I still to this day question that choice you made Rufius...

I understand your motives sir, I too listened to that Eldar, it's part in our survival must prove it was not simple trickery, but at the cost of such vast resources it may not have been worth our allegiance. A full half of all our regiments and a third of the Armoured Company is a major drop in our combat capabilities all for the scryings of some Xeno-Witch..."

-------------------------------

"Aydrin, as dogmatic as you may be, you must keep an open mind about our current situation, Farseer Y'Lliesth must be trusted, he is not akin to other Eldar. We are to play a role in saving millions of both Human and Eldar lives, the Imperials cannot see what is to come as the Eldar can. Our minds should be set free by our unity with the aliens, the doctrine of control has been broken, don't belittle the Eldar with your racial slurs."

"I apologise, Colonel, but you must see how this affects us. Whilst the alien device allowed some of us to escape the Adeptus Astartes and the other Imperial forces, we are located in different sectors, to maximise our effectiveness we must unite before we continue toward the objective. I suggest we rendevous at Bren's World following a Warp-Jump."

"Agreed, I shall prepare the crew for travel momentarily, how is the condition of your cohort?"

"We are at reasonable capacity, sir. Whilst there was damage to several Hellhounds during our last hostile encounter, we will be resupplying and requisitioning equipment from Aumet III. Relatively few casualties, most noticable is several losses from Sgt Marlon's more experienced troops, we compensated for this by re-allocating our more experienced infantrymen into his squad and re-imbersing our depleted infantry squads with forces requisitioned from the Aumet III PDF. There has been a slight problem with introducing our newly developed ideas to the new recruits, but through explanation most of them were swayed. If we could have brought Commissars it would've been simpler, but as you know sir, their complete indoctrination is contradictory to our current objective."

"Spoken like a true diplomat, Aydrin."

"I aim to please Colonel."

"What about Sgt Marlon, how is he holding up after the casualties in his squad?"

"He's fine, death never really has bothered the man. His psyche reports are a little concerning, but then they've always been so."

"Enough banter, Aydrin. Your orders are to brief the troops and rendevous at Bren's World. Bradbeers over and out."

++++++++++++++++++End Transmission++++++++++++++++++++

Aydrin clicked the archaic switch to off and, sighing momentarily, snatched up the intercom and ordered "All personnel assemble in the hanger, now! New orders have come through." He slapped down his increasingly prominent nervous twitch in his right cheek and proceeded down towards the elevator to address his men.

"Prep the Warp drive for travel, Captain, set destination to Bren's World, I'll establish the Warp link after addressing the troops."

As the remnants of the Regiment stood before him, Aydrin realised fully the loss the unit had endured. Of the 300 men stood before him, 70 were veterans of the once noble regiment. The 23rd Macharian Warmongers had been part of the battlegroup tasked with minimising Renegade activity in 861.M41, successfully scattering the Chaos Warbands that had been cumulating there. They had assisted Krieg and Tallarn Regiments in purging the Drondii system of Ork activity in a long, costly campaign between 902.M41-909.M41, as well as being the spearhead fleet to break the clutch of Hive Fleet Medusa on Ultima Macharia. Experienced veterans aplenty were produced from these, with augmetics and stasis pods being used to sustain them in times of inactivity. A decorated Regiment now addressed as a group of Heretics thanks to two powerful words. Excommunicatum Traitoris. Mallor composed himself and narrated his instructions to the troops.

"We're relocating Gentlemen. Colonel Bradbeers has organised a rendevous in the system of Bren's World, somewhere you should all be familiar with. Since it's classified as a Deathworld, we should class the whole area as hostile. However, there are some isolated Imperial Forces there."

"Hopefully news of our 'Heresy'", mocked Aydrin, quote marks being made with his fingers as he spoke, "will not have made it's way to the Administorum yet, so we have time to gather our supplies and some reinforcements before we must complete the current objective."

"I hope not", exclaimed a Guardsman from the throng, "these last ones took some convincing, good thing I was there to show them reason on the back of my hand!"

"Enough of that, Sgt Marlon", derived Aydrin, "despite your confidence, even you can see that we will need more men to complete the task we have now been assigned."

"True", replied Marlon, "I do need volunteers to block those fracking Orks with."

"Sergeant, you need to learn to deflate that ego of yours before people star...."

Suddenly the red-alert klaxon sounded, blasting out like a wounded land-shark, and interrupting the disruption in command occuring in the hanger below.

"Heads up Commander", blurted the officer over the tannoy, "We've got hostile's heading on an intercept course to us!"

"Go ahead Captain", barked Aydrin, "What's the problem?"

"Ork Kill Cruiser, Commander", cried Turner, "Big sucker. It's making a beeline for us sir, we must take offensive action pronto."

At the sound of this, the experienced soldiers rushed out of the hanger, taking the express elevator to the combat deck.

"We don't have the ordnance to take out a ship that size Captain", replied Mallor, "Could we lose them in the Warp?"

"Too dangerous sir, they'll cripple us before we're halfway through the hole."

"That settles it then", he sighed, "Well, what are you waiting for? Man battle stations and prepare for evasive manoeuvres!"

---------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think? I write things in my spare time, but this is the second piece of Fluff I've posted, despite the quantity I have of it. Was thinking, depending on the popular praise, to develop this fluff more, into a short story possibly. But first, how is it?

Last edited by Non Marine Player; January 25th, 2012 at 01:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It tickles my mind. so many question remain unanswered!
    -What have the Eldar told that have made the regiment take such a drastic decision?
    -How come they have't been obliterated yet. Being declare traitors.. what Xeno tech is aiding them?
    and of course, how will they fight off the Orks? at what losses?

Basically:
    Please do develop this further!

BR

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

ITs excellent thus far, but the questions raised are indeed many,looking forward for more.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So...Anything? *poke poke*

BR

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

I'm working on it, I have an idea of the next scene with the Kill-Krooza, and of the Eldar's 'gift' to the regiment, but I'm catching up on College work at the moment, when it's done I'll work on my story development and get it up A.S.A.P. I won't give anything away though, most people don't like spoilers... Unless you PM me and work with me on it, I'm an ideas man, but they are sometimes quite unrefined... Good to know someone's interested though =) I'll try to speed up my production.

NMP

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, feel free to ask me for my view on your ideas, you can always pm me and I'll be happy to help. :-)

BR

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

How is the regiment able to travel between stars and resupply when they've been declared traitors? The Imperium sometimes keeps quiet about renegade Marines but never about mere Guardsmen. All the Navy has to do to kill them is secure the bulkheads and turn off the life support. Problem solved, minimal casualties, time for breakfast.

It's very unlikely a reputable regiment would wait long enough to hear a complete sentence from a Xeno psyker. Blackmail, maybe?
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Intrepid View Post
    How is the regiment able to travel between stars and resupply when they've been declared traitors? The Imperium sometimes keeps quiet about renegade Marines but never about mere Guardsmen. All the Navy has to do to kill them is secure the bulkheads and turn off the life support. Problem solved, minimal casualties, time for breakfast.

It's very unlikely a reputable regiment would wait long enough to hear a complete sentence from a Xeno psyker. Blackmail, maybe?
    The regiment was declared traitors after their actions with the Eldar (which i will explain further in the next couple of postings), and secured several navy ships with their help, but many of these were destroyed by the other Imperial forces during their escape, so the few ships they control are manned by either crew that were converted to the cause or were hastily trained prior to the association with the Eldar. The resupplying is able to happen easily, I would have thought, only for a certain length of time, as the message confirming the regiment as traitors would take ages to get out to other planets, Imperial Admin-style. After the message gets out it will be harder for the Macharian's to resupply, they'll be forced into deception and disguise. As for your ideas about the Eldar, the blackmail intrigues me, would the Eldar be forcing the regiment into performing actions they do not wish to expend Eldar lives over, or had he searched the strands of fate and discovered they will have a major part in the proceeding events, though the Eldar may or may not betray them in the end. I'll think about that, add a section where the command structure is captured and the Eldar explain the situation to them, I have yet to introduce Col. Bradbeer's narrative properly... Keep comments and criticisms coming people =)
    NMP

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x2)

For you patient people who have waited, I will post part 2 of the fluff by this Sunday. I'm really sorry for the wait, I've been really wanting to make solid progress but me being the idiot I am took English Literature, History and Philosophy for A-level, so getting progressively closer to exams has really limited the time I can spend on this. But, as I say, Sunday will give you guys something new to read =)
    NMP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i hope you can keep the good grades, and keep us happy. love the story by the way

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast