Craftworld Althair "Shadow Sword" Fluff. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Craftworld Althair "Shadow Sword" Fluff.

Hey All,

fluff for my latest attempt at collecting an army: Eldar.
    I found it very hard to come up with something and I believe there is still some tweaking left to be done.
    I tried to write something different then just the typical fact sheet and I hope it gives enough information about my army, if not I might still resort to the fact sheet. I just felt like giving this a shot.

Edit: I've massively changed my army list, and thus my fluff.

+++Restricted File+++
    +++Security Clearance Confirmed+++
    +++Limited Access Approved+++
    +++184574.M41+++
    +++Author: Amardeus Deagoth
    +++Recipient: **CLASSIFIED**
    +++Thought of the Day: Kill the Alien, Burn the Heretic!+++

My Lord,

with all haste I have completed my report. Though I fear that many more questions are made then answered by my research.

The mysterious craftworld I have been monitoring by your order is named Althair - "The Shadow Blade." While far from xenophobic or hostile towards any particular race, they do seem they attack anyone unfortunate enough to stray too close to a planet and its' three moons. I have seen Imperial rogue traders trading with the Althair, only to be destroyed hours later when the unfortunate trader ventures too close but this has also occured with the Tau, as such I do not believe it is a race specific matter. I strongly believe that the planet seems to have some special value for the Xenos, what exactly remains unanswered, scans show the planet - XP 8679 - to have nothing of worth. It's surface is covered in jungles and there are no signs of intelligent life though strong intelligence for this, each and every party send to investigate has of yet been lost.

observing their forces during numerous conflicts on other locations have given us some information on the composition of their forces. They have an unusual high amount of warrior females, the "Howling Banshees" while I can only speculate to the reason of this -I have provided it in attachment Alpha 2.4 section C- it seems their whole force is made around the idea of short, hard and fast strikes against foes, overwhelming them before they have a chance to strike back. In support of the 'Banshees' are groups of Eldar Snipers, known as Rangers, who provide long range fire support and seem to provide the rest of the force with intelligence and possible targets.

My current assessment is that, while the Althair are not a direct danger to the Imperium I strongly believe that whatever it is that is hidden on XP 8679 it is of significance for the Imperium in our never ending endeavours against the Xenos, the Alien.
    I advise to ask the aid of the Adeptus Astartes, the Sword of the Emperor must cut through the thick clouds of mystery that surround our enemies, lest they catch us unprepared.

The Emperor Protects!

Your humble servant,
    Amardeus Deagoth.

---------------------------------------

+++Restricted File+++
    +++Security Clearance Confirmed+++
    +++Limited Access Approved+++
    +++184602.M41+++
    +++Author: Amardeus Deagoth
    +++Recipient: **CLASSIFIED**
    +++Thought of the Day: The Emperor Guides Us.+++

My Lord,

I fear that I must bring you news with mixed contents. While the 123th Vendorian initially launched a successful campaign against the Eldar mentioned in my former report, they where eventually forced to withdrawal from the Craftworld
    , conform order #12a342.8 issued by you personally the navy commenced with a viral bombardment with the goal of killing all life on Althair. While the bombardment archieved it's effect of making life impossible, the Eldar were able to flee from their doom using their foul Xenos technology. They left large amounts of their Wraithbone constructs behind, unaffected by the virus they now guard whatever the Eldar have hidden on their alien world.

After the bombardment the Vendorian Task Force redirected its efforts to the nearby planet on which the surviving Eldar had fled. They encountered heavy resistance by Eldar spacecraft who launched hit and run raids against the fleet. Never seeking to destroy a ship but only to cripple the engines or weapons and falling back before the Imperium could respond with the Emperors' might. During one of such raids, a small boarding party of the Eldar managed to sneak on board the Hammer of Doom and they fired the remaining virus bombs against the fleet itself, casualties among the Imperial forces were catastrophic, during later inspection of the Hammer, no alien corpses were found.
    After this event the Task Force was forced to end the campaign, casualties are too high and there are increasing reports of illness and death amongst the crew members of the ships.
    The fleet is now falling back to Imperial territory in order to take care of the ill and make the necessary repairs.

For the Emperor, we endure!

Your loyal servant,
    Amardeus Deagoth
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warlock Dorsair was staring at the horizon, the sun was almost down and already two of the three moons that Maranza had were visible. The wind was blowing gently and the distant growls of wildlife combined with the serene blue light the moons shined gave Dorsair a tranquil feeling.
    A female voice drew him back to the harsh reality that was everyday life.
    "Dorsair, the Imperial vessels have left the system." A woman clad in the armour of an Howling Banshee said to the dark green and bone coloured back of the Warlock.
    Dorsair led out a long sigh and turned around to look Exarch Falsia in eyes.
    "They have claimed our home, Falsia, We crippled them and drove them off, but they'll be back." Dorsair replied, his eyes locked with the green eyes of Falsia.
    "And then we shall protect what's ours once again." She replied.
    Dorsair sighed.
    "Look at what it has cost us already, We were forced to leave our home, we've lost many of our numbers and we even had to take them their eternal rest in order to keep our secrets safe, I ask you Falsia, what is left to protect?" Dorsair asked, a tear fell from his cheek.
    "Look around you Dorsair, look at all the lives that remain. because of you many more live then even the Farseers had expected. We've protected the Saurians for ages past, and now they've offered to repay that debt. I see a lot of things worth protecting, and I have hope." Falsia replied, before turning on her heels and slowly walking away, leaving Dorsair alone with his thoughts.

Thank you all in advance for your constructive criticism.

BR

Last edited by Brother Razhiel; March 26th, 2012 at 01:17.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Props for writing in story form. More of this is needed.

Fluff note, read Path of the warrior and Path of the Seer. Great for knowing how Eldar interact with one another and how the decision making process of a craft world works.

And it sounds like you have some Battlefleet Gothic games and some Planet fall missions to get to...
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willance
    Props for writing in story form. More of this is needed.

Fluff note, read Path of the warrior and Path of the Seer. Great for knowing how Eldar interact with one another and how the decision making process of a craft world works.

And it sounds like you have some Battlefleet Gothic games and some Planet fall missions to get to...
    Thank you, I did my best. I found it easier to come up with something in this form and it was more fun for me to write it this way.
    Funny you mention those books, I've ordered Path of the Seer yesterday .
    I actually am yet to play my first game of "regular" Warhammer 40k, let alone BFG or Planetfall.
    Planning on writing a novel about my Craftworld, but I want to read Path of the Seer first.

BR
    Last edited by Brother Razhiel; February 27th, 2012 at 11:19.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x2)

Also, read Path of the Warrior before Path of the Seer. They do go in order, kind of. You will get more out of Path of the Seer that way.
    Army's used: Space Wolves, Tomb Kings, High Elves, Tyranids, Tau and Eldar.

+ Reply to Thread