Battle for Aurora Prime Campaign FAQ - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Battle for Aurora Prime Campaign FAQ

Battle for Aurora Prime
    Warhammer 40k Campaign FAQ

Q: Can I play against someone who is not signed up on LO?
    A: Yes. While we reward confirmed battles between two members of the forums, you will still be able to participate in the campaign if you do not play against other LO members.

Q: Can I use Vassal 40k?
    A: Yes, Vassal 40k is an accepted way to fight Warhammer 40k battles.

Q: I own more than one army. Can I report battles as different factions?
    A: Yes, just be sure to send your report PM to the correct recorder for that particular faction. Any faction loyalty is at your sole discretion!

Q: My opponent doesn't want to participate in the campaign. What do I do in terms of attacker/defender status?
    A: If your opponent does not want to participate at all in our online campaign, assume that you are the attacker in every scenario. The attacker/defender status of the campaign does not have to correspond with attacker/defender status in a Warhammer 40k scenario. You may also feel free to decide upon which territory to report your battle in.

Q: How do I attack one of the five, uncontrolled territories? (#11-15)
    A: The only way you can fight in one of these special territories is to be given a special area attack by your faction commander. Details are given to each faction commander about how to go about this; contact your own commander if you wish to participate!

Q: Can I report games of Battlefleet Gothic?
    A: Yes, just make sure the recorders are aware that it is a report for BFG instead of Warhammer 40k. Otherwise, follow the same procedure for reporting battles.

If you have any additional questions, please send a PM to Lost Nemesis.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; July 15th, 2009 at 21:18.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

Special orders

Q: How often do special orders replenish?
    A: Faction commanders get one of each type every week on Monday mornings 001.

Q:How do faction commanders assign these orders?
    A: By sending a PM to Process regarding which player got what order and most importantly when they got the order? Most orders are dependent on the first battle played by the player of a specific type.

Q?How do these territory control targets work?
    A:Simple. Each faction starts out with 20 points of control in each territory except their main territory in which the faction has 100 TCP. Your objective as a faction is to gain more control over the other areas while at the same time ensuring that your opponents fail to meet their targets. So if you have a faction target of 50 in territory 3 you need to go from 20 to 50 by winning 30 battles as attacker in that territory (most targets are below 35).
    Last edited by Process; July 18th, 2009 at 20:50.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The factions list includes inquisition under imperials, and has space marines seperately. I presume this means that any Daemon hunters, Witch hunters, or Guard armies are all under the same faction? Also, does that mean that space marines cannot use the WH/DH Allies rules in this campaign?
    If an army is Space Marines&Grey Knights, which faction would it be under?
    "The objective is to win, the point is to have fun."

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

Q? Can you induct SM etc into a witchhunter force.
    A: Yes. As long as you fight for the faction of the parent list you can do anything that is legal within the codexes. The campaign does not alter any rules set forth by GW we simply add a few. If you can do it in the codex it is legal here.
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

By the Silver Sword! Stormchaser's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x3)

Do games of Battlefleet Gothic count towards the campaign?
    Codex: Legion Astartes - I am in need of Beta/proof readers and play testers
    The Primarch Project
    A Hero is no braver than the ordinary man. He is just brave five minutes longer.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Do games of Battlefleet Gothic count towards the campaign?
    Yes, just make sure the recorders are aware that it is a report for BFG instead of Warhammer 40k. Otherwise, follow the same procedure for reporting battles.

Added to the first post.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This isn't so much about rules as it is about fluff: Are the Imperials and Space Marines allied in any way(within the context of this campaign)?

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

As the fluff guy I will cover this one.

Q
    Are the Imperials and Space Marines allied in any way (within the context of this campaign)?

A
    At present, all things being equal, the Space Marines and Imperial Guard/Inquisition are allied. However as of yet the Adeptus Astartes have kept to themselves in terms of conducting their own crusade within the Aurora system. In addition the Imperial faction is increasingly being controlled by the Ordo Xenos which appears to have its own agenda.

In short 'alliance' games won't be out of place, but if the two sides get into a conflict over some area of Aurora Prime or other don't worry about that either.
    Last edited by Visitor Q; July 16th, 2009 at 17:26.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

Multiple factions in one battle.

Here is a tid bit about arranging multiple faction fights.

Can it be done? Yes.
    How is it done? like this:

1 determine how many teams the battle will have. A team must consist of one or more players. A team can not be composed of the same faction(s) as any other team in the fight.

Apocalypse set up:
    all teams are considered attackers.
    In a 1 vs 2 fight the bigger team shares the spoils of victory or the shame of defeat equally. The battle will be worth TCP as if it was apocalypse. So here we will need some details on the points played per team. Also we will need to know what faction captured how many objectives!
    In a 1 vs 1 vs 1 fight it will be winner takes all (from everybody else and will be awarded with points equal to n players -1

can you play multibashes with non apoc set up? No. (but you can PM me a few days in advance and tell me of how many points of which factions will be played on a how big board and I will fix you up with something cool)

Last step is deciding a territory to fight in. Apocalyptic battles with 2 teams or more are still only fought in one territory Simply you have a roll off with the highest scoring team choosing the territory for the battle.
    Last edited by Process; July 20th, 2009 at 04:16. Reason: Clarification
    What is Aurora Prime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

106 (x3)

special scenarios

Q? I have gotten a special scenario from campaign organizers. How many times can my faction play the scenario?
    A: Once. You may only play the special scenario 1 time.

ps special scenarios, sometimes called secret missions, are not special orders.
    Last edited by Process; July 23rd, 2009 at 16:28.
    What is Aurora Prime?

+ Reply to Thread