Has anyone played "40k In a Flash" since 3rd Ed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x5)

Has anyone played "40k In a Flash" since 3rd Ed?

If anyone is interested I have written a blog on the 40k in a Flash campaign I have been running at my store with some updated rules and territories. Check it out on my -> Blog <- or on the forum that I keep track of it for our local club (link is in the blog). The club forum post has the full rules.

Some of the rules are as follows...

Army starts at 500 points
    You must have at least 1 troop choice
    You may take up to 1 HQ
    You can spend up to 50 points on wargear
    No model can have more than 3 wounds
    No 2+ saves
    No model can have more then 3 wounds
    No vehicles with a total points value over 200

Let me know what you guys think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

There are a lot of rulesets out there like this one, but it all seems pretty good. I fondly remember 40k in a flash, I actually used to play it after school with my friends in an impromptu gaming club.
    You might like checking out the Skirmish40k rules that I posted up, or especially the Killzone rules that are floating around. It's a similar idea, but it focuses more on individual models rather than squads and traditional 40k rules.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play Killteam, which is similiarto this. 200 P, 2 troop slots, 1 fast attack slot, one elite slot, all models are single models( simply, are squads in their own right) and you ma takesingle models as squads, and equip them weapons. Par example, you may take a single missel launcher armed tactical marine for 16 p, but it will cost you a troop slot.

Many ways of playing 40K small, love them all, as you can screw aound with your models and have a wide variety of choices to be made.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from memory 40k in 40 minutes or 40k in a flash you can't take vehicles except walkers.. I still play this for quick pick up games but our set goes minimum 1 troops choice up to 4 troops, may take: 1 HQ, 2 elites, 1 fast attack, 1 heavy but it must be 400 points or under...

Really good way to show marine fanboys their not untouchable haha

+ Reply to Thread