The Triberii - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Triberii

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

They look cool, but its Imperial Rome for me . Roman - Imperial Ancient Miniature Regiments

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

They've started a range of early imperial stuff as well. Literally released the auxiliaries a couple of days ago.
    Although I have always loved foundry stuff!
    A

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

I think when the time comes to stop using my empire army as a proxy I will be buying them from foundry.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Aventine is definitely awesome. My friend and I both play Ancient Battles and other historics, and he's been doing a lot of the playtesting for the Triberii - he just bought up a bunch of Aventine stuff. Are they a new company?

Although their Might of Rome line is a bit thin in the Legionary department, offering only Cavalry and Legionaries plus their foes, you can't beat Wargames Factory for quality and pricing. You get 48 infantry from them with full kit and plenty of options, for just $29.95.
    The problem that I think you'll run into with the Triberii list is that it's not really built around an existing line of kits. You're going to have to pick and choose, and convert to get the look you want. For my Samurai, I went through various distributors and websites first, to make sure that I'd be able to find all the parts that I needed. The army list can be bought almost entirely from Wargames Factory - I built 2000pts of material for about $150 from WGF. The rest is from Perry Miniatures and GW, with the Taiko Drums coming from Museum Miniatures.

For you, you're going to need a way to distinguish Praetorians from regular Legionaries, and you're going to need to decide what models you want to use for some of the more out-there things, like the Cerberii.

edit: forgot the link. Here's the stuff from 'WGF: Might of Rome'
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; January 20th, 2013 at 21:57.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Cerberus (Ancients Miniatures : Greek - Mythology Single Pack) if I struggle to find a better model this one will do. I can easy green stuff a saddle and add the rider.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Great find there Lucas. Seems like it'll work perfectly. If the foundry metal is how it used to be the you could easily bend the model to create slightly different poses.

Captain I'm not sure how new they are. I came across a link in TMP news and that was for some of the imperial stuff which is new. I think the imperial range is what they are working on at the moment as their site mentions the cavalry will be done. Would you be able to get a couple of photos of your mates aventine stuff when he paints some? Would love to see it!

Personally I quite like the warlord games stuff for price and quality.

A

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Commisarlestat- warlord Roman models are amazing, next month or so I am going to get the starter set that give me 60 Legionaries, 20 Praetorian guard, 20 vetrans(used to beef up the legions) and 24 auxiliary.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Commisarlestat View Post
    Captain Would you be able to get a couple of photos of your mates aventine stuff when he paints some? Would love to see it!
    You make me laugh. Paint? We don't paint here. I can't even be bothered to paint, and I have you guys breathing down my neck about new models all the time!
    If he gets a few done up I'll see if he'd be willing to take some pictures. He used to have an account on here.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Big thanks to captain corrigan!

The Armies of the Tiberii
    For all her reliance on the Auxiliary forces that serve to defend her frontiers, it is the disciplined legionary cohorts that form the backbone of the armies of the Tiberii. Drilled, efficient and thorough, the professional soldiers of the legions have marched at the forefront of armies across the Old World since the earliest days of the empire. Armed with lethal short swords and heavy scuta shields, and clad in mail or segmented armour, the legionaries have proven a match for the armies of their foes time and time again.

The concept of the legionary dates back to the reign of the Emperor Clodius Tiber. Faced with the invading armies of the Lizardmen, Clodius and his exhausted army turned to face their opponents outside the very walls of the capital, their spears discarded on the long retreat. Outnumbered and under-equipped, Clodius began to prepare his forces for a last stand in the shadow of the Imperial walls. As the enemy approached, the Tiberii lines faltered for a moment, and it seemed that all was lost. It was in this desperate hour that Marcus Aventorius, the standard bearer of the Imperial bodyguard, drew his sword and charged into the fray. Unwilling to allow the symbol of the Tiberii to fall while still they drew breath, the surviving members of the bodyguard charged in behind him, shields locked and daggers drawn. The sudden onslaught halted the Lizardmen advance, and across the line the Imperial soldiers began to discard their longer blades in favour of the daggers they before, their blades darting out from between shields to take a terrible toll on their foes. It is said that the ground was bathed in reptile blood by the time the Lizardmen finally broke, but the victory had not been won without cost. Fully three quarters of the Imperial army lay dead upon the battlefield, amongst them some of the finest warriors the Tiberii could muster. In the aftermath of the battle, Clodius placed Aventorius in command of a new, professional Imperial army, centred around the heavy infantrymen that had proven so successful in battle.

Aventorius was swift to implement these reforms, publishing the Liber Militaria, which would dictate the structure and equipment of the new Legions. Although changes have since been made to the equipment of these Legionaries, with the addition of the pilum perhaps the most obvious change, they remain the solid backbone by whose blood the empire is preserved.

The Gladius short sword is now the standard weapon used by the Tiberii Legions and their auxiliary cohorts. The Gladius is a short stabbing blade used to plunge deep in to the foe, any not killed from the initial thrust will soon die from heavy bleeding. The name of the Gladius comes from the the farther of the first Emperor, Gladius Tiber who used this short blade to deadly effect.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Davidicus Valarious
    Since the days that that Emperor Barkurious was but an esteemed Legate Davidicus has stood at his side, a grim man who care only that the glory of the Tiberii is shown in battle. When Davidicus first earned the rank of Centurion he was a man with no real battle experience. Davidicus soon received his orders to march out to bolster the ranks of Legate Barkurious. On the way to the camp on the borders of the Tiberii empire was ambushed by Beastmen, howling, braying monsters that tore the frightened Legionnaires apart. After the initial attack had landed, Davidicus managed to keep his head and sent a runner on horse to let Barkurious know of the ambush. With the runner sent Davidicus managed to reform his men in to a battle line, although badly outnumbered and surrounded the Tiberii fought like mad men.
    Davidicus hopeful that Barkurious would arrive soon surveyed the battle around him and saw a monster out of the nightmares of men, a Minotaur lord. Davidicus seeing his men fall to the brute decided to sell his life for those of his men, but to sell it dearly indeed. The clash between Davidicus and Minotaur lord should have been certain death for Davidicus, but as luck should have it Barkurious arrived at the head of a column of Praetorian Cavalry, that struck into the braying herds. The Minotaur soon beset the Legate who was hard pressed to strive of the attack but in the moment that Barkurious was lying on the ground about to receive the last blow did Davidicus strike his mighty blow to the beast legs bringing it to its knees, Davidicus the circled to the front of the monster and in one giant blow did he cut the head in twain. Seeing their mighty lord die and fresh Legionaries marching to attack the Beastmen fell back towards the forest, only to be met with a hail of arrows, House Flavious had found their way to battle and so did the men on the Tiberii Empire defeat a hated foe, but Davidicus and Barkurious became fast friends.

To this day Davidicus is the right hand of the Emperor Barkurious and the bearer of the Banner of the Ancient Bear the personal banner of the Emperor.

This is a draft of some more fluff and is not finished or checked yet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast