Fluff Repository - Page 14 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Something like that, yeah. Oh, there might be some well-read scholars here and there that have some idea about the Old Ones, but they'd be few and far between, I would imagine.
    True true, I doubt that they would worship them either, in place of their own Gods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

The Old Ones aren't really gods either. They existed before the races did, so there was nothing on the planet to worship them and create them. The Lizardmen might view them as gods, but that would be in a more "cult-like" reverence to them. And even then, I don't think that they worship them, so much as keep doing what they had always done: carry on their work heedless of their absence.
    All of the races of Order had a mission when they were created, a special calling which would help and aid the world.

The Slann were the great shapers, and the direct link to the will of the Old Ones. The Old Ones inscribed plaques of instructions on how to shape and form the world.
    The Elves are the magic-wielders. They are not as potent as a Slann, but they are more prolific. They are craftsmen, they build refined and beautiful things.
    The Dwarves were created to off set the Elves. They are polar opposites- sturdy, slow, and resistant to magic. They are builders- they carve out the mountains and create enormous bastions.
    The race of man was a sort of "last chance" failsafe for all of the races. They are extremely prolific, they can build and craft with proficiency, and they are given a measure of free will. No matter what happens, the race of Man is the deciding factor for the world.

Those first races were the only ones created by the Old Ones. Chaos created the others, and the Orcs simply appeared one day. If you put the four races together on the table-top, they are utterly devastating. We tried it once- all of the elf books, the Ordered Humans, the dwarfs, and the Lizardmen. They are literally unstoppable. The dwarfs form the stalwart "anvils" of the army, the elves are your elite hammers and wizards. Adding humans to the mix just gives you a 'support' race, and the Lizardmen operate as the absolute core of the army, populating the ranks with versatile, heavy troops.
    Unfortunately, Chaos made sure that this alliance would be difficult to form, and attempts to beat it by undermining it. They led to the avarice of the elves, and the sins of man. They preyed upon the stubborn flaws of the dwarfs, and they have overwhelmed the Lizardmen with Daemons and thrown their civilization into ruins. Still, the races ally themselves together in order to stave off invasion, and that has led to a deadlock. Together, the races could bring an end to Chaos forever, but they are too fractured to do it.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is ariel (The queen of WE)still a special char for WE?
    Last edited by The Odor; November 19th, 2011 at 01:17.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Ariel is not currently a Spec Char for the Wood Elves right now. Her husband/consort Orion is a usable character. This isn't really a fluff question though...
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any sort of information on a dwarf hold of Sjotraken. I have found it on some maps of High Pass and I am now pondering what it is. What suprised me the most was that it does not seem to be placed in any mountains but in a pass. Is it some kind of guard settlement or is it an error?
    Last edited by The Odor; January 30th, 2012 at 08:49.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Unless you look into Black Library (and likely not even there) there is no mention of Sjotraken that I know of. The Dwarfs have been known to build their holds into mountain passess - remember that the passes are still elevated pretty high above sealevel, so usually the dwarfs will tunnel below them and into the mountainsides just like usual, but then have "balconies" built into the sides of the pass so that they can station warmachines on them to guard the pass. For example, the Warriors book talks about a Chaos army that marched through a pass and was met with Dwarfs who, in desperation, collapsed the mountainsides to seal the Warriors into their hold forever.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh right. I think it was called the War in the Dark. I will check more official maps tomorrow. I really want to make my Zharrs run into the sons of grungi despite travelling north. Maybe I have to settle for a prospecting party.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

I wrote some fluff for a "Lost Hold" of Dwarfs a while back, located at the northernmost tip of the mountains. If you want to read it, you can find it HERE. Obviously, it was written for another player and isn't official. Please don't say that your Chaos Dwarfs just roll in and wipe it out, but it's at least something for you to bounce into.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No my Dwarfs are with all likely hood gonna get pwned. It's to humble my Sorcerer a bit and also draw up a bit of a feud.
    another question: When did the events of the False Grail go down in brettonia and who was King in Brettonia threehundred years ago?
    Last edited by The Odor; February 3rd, 2012 at 20:07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314