New Warrior's Code - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

New Warrior's Code

So everyone is abuzz with the new Warrior's Code that was just released regarding legal rules to play with. I figured this forum (rules forum) was the best one to ask in, so... does anyone have a complete list of what is now legal? I know it's things like Tamurkhan and portions of Storm of Magic, but I'm looking for a comprehensive list of at least the major things that are now allowed that weren't.

PS this thread is NOT intended to start a debate on the viability or decision process to allow these books. Just trying to see what's legal and what's not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    292 (x6)

Well for any ogre player, he can now run rhinox cavalry as well as mournfang in special, and they're brutal even against skull crushers. They are a FW experimental rule ATM.
    Last edited by Kaleb Daark; January 22nd, 2014 at 22:17.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Alright - the list is pretty long, but essentially, everything is legal now. That means:

Storm of Magic:
    Binding Scrolls (Including Monstrous Arcanum)
    Sorcerous Pacts (Allies from Daemons, Tomb Kings, and Vampire Counts)
    You may take up to 2 Binding Scrolls and/or 1 Pact. They are counted against your Special allowance.

Tamurkhan Army Lists:
    Chaos Dwarfs are back to Legal
    Great Hosts of Chaos are back to legal (combination of Daemons, Warriors, Beasts, and Chaos Dwarfs)
    Warriors of Chaos can take Chaos Dwarf allies using the Tamurkhan rules
    Units/Characters added by Tamurkhan (Marienburg Land Ships for the Empire, Nurgle Knights on Rot Beasts for the Warriors of Chaos, etc)

All Battle Scroll updates for any/all armies, taken as normal
    (I don't have any of these, so I don't know the list/rules for what you get beyond that)

Basically, if they've ever released rules for it, you can use it now.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Does that mean even things like Nippon or Kislev?

EDIT: Wait, Cap, did you write Nippon? Mind blown. But yeah, I'm assuming this doesn't allow fan-written stuff unless it's endorsed by FW.
    Last edited by BrockSamson; January 23rd, 2014 at 06:09.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am The Anointed, The Favored Son of Chaos, The Scourge of the World. The armies of the Gods rally behind me, and it is by My Will and by My Sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, The Everchosen, Lord of the End Times

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

No - fan armies are still not allowed. Elliason's Dogs of War book has become recognized as legal for at least one Indy-GT, but I'm not sure how many others are picking up that banner.

As for the Nippon book... sigh
    Short Answer: If you got it from my sig, yes, I wrote it. It wears this cover:

If you have another cover ('Siege of Osaka Castle' from Age of Empires: Asian Dynasties cover art), or you found the book "advertised" somewhere else, it's not mine.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    114 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai View Post
    Basically, if they've ever released rules for it, you can use it now.
    I do like how a lot of things (particularly Monsters and Chaos Dwarfs) have come back, but I still think there must be quite a few exceptions to this rule of thumb.

Not 100% sure of what is back in all these supplements, but I know there used to be models and rules for Mummies, Centaurs, and Halflings. Are any of them currently legal? And what about Dogs of War in general?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

No, the old stuff isn't legal. It's just the things which I listed. If it's in Tamurkhan, Storm of Magic, Monstrous Arcanum, or any of the Battle Scrolls (or whatever the little $3 .pdf updates are) then it's legal.

Here's the link, you guys are lazy!
    http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_..._2014_V1.4.pdf
    Pts Values for AoS here!

+ Reply to Thread