Questions that need answering... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Questions that need answering...

hey guys, i'm going through a few options for my goblinlist and i have a few questions, maybe you have answers!

1- Night Goblin (Great) Shaman has this rule:
    "Each time when they attempt to cast a spell, after the casting dice have been rolled, the Night Goblin Shaman adds 1D6 to the casting result... blah blah blah etc"- O&G Armybook quote

Normally they can only choose Little Waaagh magic.
    Can i put a Wizarding Hat on this fellow and get the extra dice on his new lore spells?

2- Forgeworld has rules for a squiglobba. It's rules sound awfull, but the model makes up for everything.
    have a look at the rules --Links arent working properly, here's the URL, it's almost 2 pages:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...SquigGobba.pdf

2.1. Can you find out if this thing is supposed to be a Rare slot? im hoping it's special so there are points for giants...

2.2. it says you can buy 'up to 4 additional goblin herders' to keep this beast in check. and his unitsize says 4 herders.
    Does this thing start with 4 herders already, and you can get up to 8? or do you start with 0 herders and pay for up to 4?

2.3 Are these the only rules there are for the beast or am i missing something?

Thanks for taking the time.

Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know, anything taken from either SoM, monstrous arcanum, etc are taken from your special slot. I use a Magma Dragon in some of my games and have always used points from special allowance.

Having looked at the rules for it, I would say it come with 4 handlers from the start and u can buy up to 4 more at the stated points cost.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Digger View Post
    Can i put a Wizarding Hat on this fellow and get the extra dice on his new lore spells?
    Yep. The rule for the extra D6 doesn't specify a Lore - it's just the rule that your gobbo gets naturally. It's a bit of a waste though, since the only character who could take it would be a Lord, starting at Level 3. Giving him the Hat automatically sets his level to L2, and you cannot upgrade from there (you are stuck at L2). Also, he's not going to rock a Ward, and you're stuck with a random lore. It's not something I'd spend almost 200pts on, just to get 2 spells that I can't rely on.

2- Forgeworld has rules for a squiglobba. It's rules sound awfull, but the model makes up for everything.
    The rules are indeed terrible. They're also "experimental" and therefore I'm almost 100% certain that they're not allowed in any GW events, and typically you should get your opponent's permission to use them. Since the rules are awful, I've seen plenty of folks buy the model and use it in place of the (very annoying to build) Rock Lobba or Doom Diver. Just a thought.

2.1. Can you find out if this thing is supposed to be a Rare slot? im hoping it's special so there are points for giants...
    Not sure where (if anywhere) it says this officially, but a cursory internet search seems to imply that yes, they are a Rare slot.

2.2. it says you can buy 'up to 4 additional goblin herders' to keep this beast in check. and his unitsize says 4 herders.
    Does this thing start with 4 herders already, and you can get up to 8? or do you start with 0 herders and pay for up to 4?
    It begins the game with 4 Handlers, you can buy an extra 4.

2.3 Are these the only rules there are for the beast or am i missing something?
    These are all you've got. The Lobba is missing in the Tamurkhan and Monstrous Arcana books (the two places where most of the extra gribblies can be found).
    Thanks for taking the time.[/QUOTE]
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread