Battle scroll question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle scroll question

hi not sure wether to post this here or in the daemons section, but does the battlescroll count towards the army percentage costs?
    i.e Be-lekor one does he count towards my lords percentage?
    i was sure it says somewhere they dont

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Okay, the way that I'm seeing it, and the way that I've seen it read to me, they work thusly:

Battle Scroll - Special Character (ie Belakor): these can only be used by the armies that they are allowed in to (no Belakor for Beatsmen, for example) and do seem to count towards your percentages.

Battle Scroll - Formation (ie Restless Dead): these can be used by just about anyone, but do not count towards your section minimums or maximums and will follow the 'Allies' rules from the core rulebook (suspicious, etc).

Make sense? The Special Characters are essentially added directly to your armybook, whereas the formations are a stand-alone force and are treated as allies.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok thanks yeah i understand actually seams to make sense!
    so to use be'lakor who is 500points, i'd need 2000 of whatever he can join, daemons or warriors of chaos with no other lords or heros allowed?

sorry i'm still abit new when it comes to the fantasy percentage bit!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    141 (x3)

Be'lakor would indeed use op all lord allowence on a 2000 point battle, because you may spend up to 25% of the points on lords. In the case of a 2000 points battle, thats 500 points.

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by greyhammer View Post
    ok thanks yeah i understand actually seams to make sense!
    so to use be'lakor who is 500points, i'd need 2000 of whatever he can join, daemons or warriors of chaos with no other lords or heros allowed?

sorry i'm still abit new when it comes to the fantasy percentage bit!
    When you determine the size of the game that you want to play against your opponent, that determines the minimum and maximum values. So if you want to play using BeLakor, you'll need to be playing at least a 2000pt game (2000/4 = 500pts) and then yes, Belakor will use up all of your Lord points. You could still take up to 500pts of Heroes however. The percentages are parts of your total army value. The percentages are:

Lords - 25%
    Heroes - 25%
    --you may, therefore, take half of your army as Characters, if you want.
    Core - 25% plus
    Special - 50%
    Rare - 25%

As you can see, this all adds up to more than 100%. So you can't have the maximum of everything, and you must have at least 25% of your points in core. 25% for all of the standard games are as follows:

1k = 250pts, (500pts for Special)
    1.5k = 375pts, (750pts for Special)
    1.75k = 437pts (875pts for Special)
    2k = 500pts (1000pts for Special)
    2.5k = 625pts (1250pts for Special)
    3k = 750pts (1500pts for Special)

Not that I think that you're incapable of doing the math yourself or anything - just throwing out example values that you'd be looking at.
    Most players "Min/Max" in much the same fashion as they do in 40k, except that in Fantasy it's more "army wide". You'll see players just barely scrape the 25% minimum for Core, and then throw the rest of the points into whatever units from another section work well. Remember also that you're limited on how many duplicates you can have of Special and Rare units (3 and 2, respectively).
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread