Clarify: WHFB The Dragon Isles. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Clarify: WHFB The Dragon Isles.

I just wanted to know did they or have they made a Novel/Book about The Dragon Isles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Nope, no books about it from Black Library. You can find information on them by rooting through old Lizardmen fluff though. Basically, they are inhabited by feral Lizardmen who lost contact with the rest of the empire, and have no Slann of their own. Without this kind of guidance, they're just brutes.

The book 'The Burning Shore' covers Lizardmen though, so there's that. It's not like the island is populated by tons of dragons, or some unknown race or anything. Just barbarian Lizardmen.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Yeah I've been looking for any info concerning the Dragon Isles and my main reason for that was to out more about the Lizardmen that lived there. The only thing I found was in the Lizardmen book that says: "To the east are the Dragon Isles, which were populated by Saurus and Skinks but never Slaan." which seemed quite mysterious but also a good background story to base my Lizardmen fluff on.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

It would make for some pretty cool fluff. The only problem is that it's pretty heavily emphasized that they are very feral. They're more like stone-age human tribesmen than anything else, as the Slann are actually sort of "hive minds" for the Skinks/Saurus in their cities. The Skinks are artisans more than fighters, and the Saurus are just bent on warfare, so I'm not even sure how the culture of the Dragon Isles would work out.

My friend is working on a Lizardmen army which lost it's Slann and all of the Skinks during a Skaven Plague (the Saurus being more resistant to the diseases). The Temple has been recorded lost (in official LM fluff) but by his account, it was later discovered that the Saurus had built a strange kind of "death cult" as a result, driven by a background sense of failure and irreconcilable grief at having lost their Slann. Without guidance, and driven by these previously unknown emotions, the Saurus formed their own strange society. Recently, through means unknown, some of the Saurus have even come to possess a measure of skill in the more somber winds of Magic - death and shadow - as well as the more feral wind of Beasts.

As far as the models and such, he's planning to run them all in Temple Guard helmets. The actual temple guard will get some extra ornamentation befitting their station. He still plans to include a Slann in the army, but it will be an older Saurus (with the rounder heads) standing on a Palanquin, with a skull motif on his face with warpaint, reposed, probably holding a staff (he's eyeballing the Death/Beast wizard staffs from the Empire) and a skull or dagger. The more notable thing is that all of his banners will be cloth, rather than the totems that come in the kits, and will probably take the form of purple rags draped over a cross (similar to Christian Methodist crucifixes). The whole army color scheme is purple and black/grey, with brass equipment.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

+ Reply to Thread