Black Orc Rising - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Black Orc Rising

I've been focusing a little on my Orcs & Goblins army and have been writing some background that I'd like to post, see what you all think. The army list will be as follows...

Using the Warbands rules from this thread - https://www.librarium-online.com/foru...-mordheim.html - I've got some escalation set up, to allow some play at different levels. (Orcs & Goblins have such good range you can actually build legit game legal armies at as low as 200 points, it's nuts... but Warband rules in use here)

250 Point Warband (246 pts)
    Black Orc Big Boss w/ Shield - 92 pts
    10x Orc Boyz w/ Shields - 70 pts
    6x Forest Goblin Spider Riders w/ Bows - 84 pts

350 Point Warband (350 pts)
    Orc Big Boss on War Boar w/ Shield - 73 pts
    13x Orc Boyz w/ Shields, Standard Bearer - 101 pts
    6x Forest Goblin Spider Riders w/ Bows - 84 pts

450 Point Warband (450 pts)
    15x Orc Boyz w/ Shields, Standard Bearer - 115 pts
    10x Forest Goblin Spider Riders w/ Bows, Full Command - 170 pts

600 Point Army (600 pts)
    Black Orc Big Boss w/ Shield, Basha's Axe Of Stunty Smashin' - 142 pts
    15x Orc Boyz w/ Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician - 125 pts
    10x Forest Goblin Spider Riders w/ Bows, Full Command - 170 pts
    5x Boar Boyz w/ Shields - 90 pts

1000 Point Army (998 pts)
    Black Orc Big Boss w/ Shield, Basha's Axe Of Stunty Smashin' - 142 pts
    Orc Big Boss on War Boar w/ Shield, Dragonhelm, Featherfoe Torc - 113 pts
    Goblin Big Boss on Giant Spider w/ Shield, Spear, Ruby Ring Of Ruin - 79 pts
    Goblin Shaman Level 1 - XX pts
    19x Orc Boyz w/ Shields, Standard Bearer, Musician - 153 pts
    9x Forest Goblin Spider Riders w/ Bows, Standard Bearer, Musician - 146 pts
    5x Boar Boyz w/ Shields, Full Command, Razor Standard - 170 pts
    3x River Trolls - XX pts

The story which I'll post over time will be about Rhazgor Uzûl, a Black Orc who's escaped from the Chaos Dwarfs and goes about building his own army to strike back at those damn stunties. Along his journey he finds a small Orc & Goblin band in a forested swamp in the badlands, the remaining survivors of a recent battle that went badly for the greenskins, without a leader he quickly bashes heads and takes command. With a warband under his command he heads to the Worlds Edge Mountains to recruit more.

By the end of the story I've written so far Rhazgor's army is as it stands, a few dozen greenskins, and a couple of trolls... but who knows where it could lead.

I'll post my first "chapter" I suppose, later tonight.

Current Armies: Warriors/Beastmen: 5000+ Pts. Chaos Dwarfs: 3000 Pts. Brets: 2000 Pts.
    Ogre Kingdom: 2000 Pts. Undead Legion: 2000 Pts. Kislev Contingent: 1500 Pts.
    Retired/Sold Armies: Dark Elves: 3000 Pts. Orcs & Goblins: 2000 Pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Ok, a little later than planned but here's some writing as promised. Chapter 1: Back In The Green

----------------------------------------

A large lumbering figure sat at the log overlooking the swamp to his left, campfire to his right. Clad head to toe in heavy leather topped with burnished plate armour; easily over 6 foot tall but twice as broad as the average man, what sat here in contemplation was an orc. A primitive race with a love for violence, orcs seem to get a rush from physical activity as powerful as any drug and much of the race has a sadistic streak and notable lack of empathy. They're not "evil" by any stretch, just primitive and often overcome by their id. This one though, sitting in the glow of his campfire diligently cleaning his axe pausing occasionally to turn the small pike next to the fire; wild lizard cooking slowly. He was calm.

Beyond his fire, there was a small band of orcs, less than a dozen in total. They where passing the time with arm wrestling and head butting competitions, raucous singing, and the drinking of cider. Tending to this small mob where half a dozen smaller creatures; just shy of 5 foot tall and far more lithe than the orcs they shared camp with, these goblins seemed to have the menial jobs. Two where serving food and drink, one was roasting a large boar on a spit over a second fire, one was putting up basic tents, one was at the edge of camp tending to a half dozen giant spiders, and the unluckiest of the six was digging out some basic latrines. It's hard work, but the goblins get the protection of the orcs if they tend to their needs and that's a valuable trade in these parts.

The camp was small and many of the orcs sported battle wounds which they proudly showed off with gruesome details of how "you should see 'im" and various boastful other claims. It's clear though that this warband lost the last battle they where in. With no real supplies, enough tents for less than half of them, and no sense of order amongst them; this is clearly the remains of a bloody battle.

The armour clad orc stood, turned to the others; he clearly didn't belong. With darker ashen skin and not showing any signs of combat on him, this orc is not a part of this band. As he walks towards the main circle of orcs the group quieten.

"Do you seek great battles, good food, warm beds, and to see new lands?" he shouts with authority.
    "Aye, but da boss led us 'ere an we ain't got no way back", one orc responded.
    "There's an army between us an' the pass, we like a good fight but we ain't stupid right lads", another added, orcs nodding in agreement.
    "Who you anyway? You talk big but you find our camp then sit on da tree with ya cooked lizard bits. Ya don't play games, don't have no drink. Why should we listen ta you?" one orc said in a slightly drunken tone.

With a calm step the ashen orc stepped forward, and with on swift headbutt downed the surly orc and answered loudly, "Because I am Rhazgor Uzûl, and I am boss of this camp now. Does anyone want to challenge me?". The camp went quiet, orcs are always a society of might makes right, but this outsider doesn't know how big this army is, should the rest of the greenskin army reach this he'll have the boss to deal with.

"If you follow me my brothers I will take you to battlefields where you can show off your might, I will teach you tactics to cut your enemies down where they stand, and our bounty will mean there will be great food, riches, ale and cider for everyone. What I ask is you follow, I have a score to settle and I can't go to war alone. So eat, drink, rest up and tomorrow we march out for battle. Do not worry though my brothers, as you say, the army is too big for us to face so we will not attack it head on. I will work on a plan".

Orcs arn't used to being asked to follow, they're told, after all might is right. This newcomer did make them all feel involved though and there's an ego boost to knowing the boss listens to your thoughts. Still, this guys weird, and not very "orcish"; he was massive though and strong, and he's been living in the dark lands alone so maybe he should be listened to.

The following morning the orcs ranked up and lead bay Rhazgor they marched south in search of the river. Following behind the goblins where riding their giant spider pets, bows at the ready. With such a small warband they need to be careful. This area is contested by bandits and beastmen; and there's rumours even that the cursed undead are found beyond the river.

----------------------------------------

Hopefully people found this intro entertaining, will add more soon. Currently the warband is at 250 pts. Playing out this stage of the story, a bandit or beastmen ambush could hit before they reach the river. Suggested stats below.

250 Point Bandit (Empire) Warband (250 pts)
    Captain Of The Empire on Warhorse w/ Heavy Armour, Handgun, Shield - 82 pts
    6x Free Company Militia - XX pts
    6x Crossbowmen - XX pts
    4x Outriders w/ Light Armour - 88 pts

250 Point Beastmen Warband (250 pts)
    Bray Shaman Level 1 (Lore Of Beasts) - XX pts
    5x Gor w/ Shields - 40 pts
    1x Tuskgor Chariot - XX pts
    5x Harpies - XX pts

Obviously these are just suggestions, but if anyone does run these battles do tell me how they go.
    Current Armies: Warriors/Beastmen: 5000+ Pts. Chaos Dwarfs: 3000 Pts. Brets: 2000 Pts.
    Ogre Kingdom: 2000 Pts. Undead Legion: 2000 Pts. Kislev Contingent: 1500 Pts.
    Retired/Sold Armies: Dark Elves: 3000 Pts. Orcs & Goblins: 2000 Pts.

+ Reply to Thread