<3000 my first attempt at a bret list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

my first attempt at a bret list.

ok just a thought id write a list.

lord

prophtess, lvl 4, book of ashur, chalice of mailuf, mounted barded stead, lore of life.
    total 315pts

heros

paladin, bsb, banner of the lady, barded warhorse, lance, shield.
    total= 180pts

core

13 kights of the realm, standard, banner of eternal flame.
    total 338pts

12 knights of the realm, standard
    total 304pts

12 knights errent, standard, errentry banner
    total 234pts

16 bowmen, braizers
    total 111pts

special

6 questing knights xxx

6 questing knights xxx

rare

trebchet xxx

trebuchet xxx

total 1998pts

so thoughts i know its not anormal bret list. Magic defence is strong with +5 to cast and dispel and a good chance for an extra dispel dice.

Last edited by d_k_patt; May 23rd, 2013 at 15:02.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

You may want to list your strategy with your list. It seems with 2 trebs and some archers you could sit back a turn or so and pound away, especially with your magic defense. You really lack anything with real punch to knock out any real bad dudes - It's not that you always need a tooled up Lord, but at 2000 points you are bound to come across something your knights can't lick.

A couple other questions, are the Lord and BSB going into the group of 13 KoR to make a bus of 15? That makes it the #1 target for the enemy. Also, if the Prophetess is not mounted, will she be with the archers? That might be a waste...

My strategy has always to try to make as many units as possible around the same points and threat - this makes your enemy have to choose or split missle and magic fire. If all you have is one target, then don't be surprised if all those eggs in that basket reaches the line not strong enough to do much.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Oh she is mounted oops i was hoping she would be enough to keep them safe and strong the 15 unit is suppose to be able to charge and break a unit in turn one i feel im lacking Peggy knights ive got 12 questing knights in short not the best list i have never playex brets before but i just love the idea of calvary charging across a field and smashing my opponents i know it doesn't happen anymore. I like grail knights not there points hell dragon princes are a good 9pts cheaper and are alot better. So given what i just said where can my list go drop book invest in a lord?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x2)

You cant have the book and the chalice, the chalice is better magic defense and if you drop the book for the same price you can drop a knight and squezze in a wyssans caster in one of the lances, never take barding on the ladies horses, it is a TOTAL waste of points man. Also, the questers will take to many casualties before they hit back, I would suggest combining them into one lance or switching them out for some cheaper knights. I also think that peggys are a great value, one of the best units we have. I have seen your thread on the banner of the lady, so I wont recommend dropping it, I dont think you need it bit it is your call. I think that you should switch out for the banner of defense or the banner of discipline and put the flames on the other lance. I love the double trebs, but you need some more defense if you want them to live, Pegs can clear a whole flank of chaff and then charge the big bad enemy in the back, they rock at that
    Overall I think the list is strong even if some of the choices are not my personal preference, good luck

Also, I love that you go without MaA, we are all about knights
    The Bretonnian Foreign Legion
    W: 36 L:2 D: 2
    My WIP Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Ive always loved brets for knights and every list i do is knights as i love the idea of knights i was discussing a unit of 18 knights could charge and break a unit on turn one? This would be better than a 100pt banner? I appreciate all help i have always liked brets so i wanna write a competitive list that i can start collecting. So what about like 3 18 knights units 3 x 10 bows positioned around trebs to protect and a unit of peggys. I love grails but at 38pts is to much

+ Reply to Thread