<2000 2,000 pts Advice needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

2,000 pts Advice needed

My luck when it comes to playing Brets seems to be very hit and miss, but my last few games have ended up it absolute defeat for my poor Brets, after reading through these forums I've written the list below to try and see if helps change my fortune.

Bretonnian Lord - Barded Warhorse, Sword of Strife, Dragon Helm, Shield, Virtue of Heroism
    Prophetess - Level 4 Life, Barded Warhorse, Chalice of Malfleur

Paladin – BSB - Barded Warhorse, Dawnstone, Enchanted Shield
    Paladin - Barded Warhorse, Birth Sword of Carcassonne, Gauntlet of The Duel
    Damsel - Level 2 Beasts, Prayer Icon of Quenelles, Dispel Scroll

Knights of the Realm (9 man) - Full Command, Standard of Discipline
    Knights of the Realm (9 man) - Full Command
    Knights Errant (9 man) - Full Command, Errantry Banner
    Men at Arms (40 man) - Full Command

Trebuchet
    Trebuchet

The plan would be to run the mounted characters together in a unit of KotR and the Level 2 in the [email protected] to boost the Ld if they get separated from the knights, and of course bestow them the blessing.

I've never really user bowmen to much effect and any time I've tried to user Pegasus knights they just seem to get shot down in the first turn and never get off the starting blocks.

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

This list is definetly worth a few tries.

Solid units,, pretty much everything seems built optimally

"I've never really user bowmen to much effect and any time I've tried to user Pegasus knights they just seem to get shot down in the first turn and never get off the starting blocks."
    i know how that feels :p
    Some units just work better in other people's hands, perhaps they don't ft the style you play and then it's good to just leave em home.
    I have played games against Bretts where their pegasi are so annoying they broke my entire battleplan, just because of their position. then i deploy them and lose them to some lousy spell

Give this list a try.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

This list is solid not my taste but i love running massive blocks of nights and no peasents (except trebs you cant not take them)

Give this a go Best thing i find with pegs is positioning when you set them up don't forget you can van guard them which i do normally behind something that blocks line of sight or out of the front arch of the range units its normally the last unit i put down.

Also your challenage paladin drop birth sword give him normal lance and the virtue of confiedence. also where are your characters going. Aslo something i have been trialing is a Lvl 4 beast and a lvl 2 with chalice the level 4 goes in a block of knights with 3 fighty characters in the front row I then hopefully (only once in 6 games have i not rolled it) role savage beast when casting i get +5 to cast and let me tell you 18 str9 attacks on the charge ruins anyones day people soon learn not to mock the humble knights of bretonia
    Last edited by d_k_patt; July 1st, 2013 at 16:50.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x1)

Too many characters.

Drop the extra paladin and just keep the bsb.

Keep the lvl 4 prohp

make the foot damsel lore of beast and take the sign spell.

Take barding off the prophetess horse, not needed. Also, make sure you account for character position in your units, so units of 9 knights is actually 8 with characters, [email protected] would be 39, etc...

PK are awesome. Make sure you vanguard turn one, then fly march behind the enemy lines and attack from the rear. I find it surprising that your loosing 3 pk to shooting. Possible i guess, against a gunline. But remember -1 to hit for skirmishers, and your ward save for praying.

Hope this helps.
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I always forget the -1 to hit lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x1)

Yeah, thats a biggy, and that long range most likely. Just place them as far forward as possible in deployment. Then do your 12" vanguard. And then on your first turn fly march 20" behind his lines. After that you can take out war machines or do rear charges on turn 2. You are essentially across the board in 1 turn. This is the reason I play a RAF list. Mobility! People always have a plan until i have 3 units of PK up there A$$ then they are thinking what to do, do i turn and fight, just let it be, what about my war machines, maybe magic can take them out.... they become a real bother and after that there plan is done.

I have never lost ALL my PK in a game ( i field 9). I have been down to 8 before, though most of the time they die in CC, not in magic or shooting. I would throw some in, at least 3, with no command but the champion. I personally feel they are our best unit.

Also, looking back at your list, there is a build that i do for hero killing. Can use sword of anti heroes, i use HKB for monsters and the like. Nothing like flying a character into the wizard bunker issuing a challange, they cant refuse and after you kill there champ do it again and kill that pesky wizard. muhahahha'

Good Luck
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

+ Reply to Thread