<2000 Help needed 2000 knights army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Help needed 2000 knights army

Hi so been working on a list now before you read on i like big units of knights.

Lord

Profetesse, warhorse level 4 (beast magic)
    total 230pts

Heros

Paladin, Barded steed, Lance Shield
    total 80pts

Paladin Barded Steed, lance, sheild
    Total 80pts

Paladin, BSB, Barded Steed, Gromril great helm, Lance, Shield
    Total 110pts

Damsel warhorse level 2 Chalice of Maliuf (life)
    Total 114pts

Core

11 Knights of the realm Standard (paladins and proph go here making 15)
    Total 280pts

14 Knights of the realm Standard (damsel goes here)
    Total 352pts

15 Knights Errant Standard Errentry Banner
    Total 334pts

Special

3 peg Knights xxx

Rare

Treb xxx

Treb xxx

Total 1925pts

So this is how they roll The knight unit with all characters, now the point of a level 4 beast im sure you have guessed is savage beasts but the lore itself is usefull and with +1 on casting on most units in the army. so with savage that front row plows in at 18 str 9 on the charge and 18 str 7 so that allows the unit to fight past first round the sig spell helps the other 2 blocks of knights. peg knights are to do all the duties you expect and same as trebs.

So how do i spend last points do i get 12 archers with braizers for 77pts or kit up magically i.e banner of flame on knights with characters?

Or is this army so dreafully bad i should scrape it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x2)

i would give another of your pallys the dawnstone and enchanted sheild and the last the virtue of confidence and the gauntlet, that is a wall of 1+ re rollable saves and a challenge monster making the unit dead hard and more killy to boot, that leaves you five points for a luckstone potion of speed or something similar
    The Bretonnian Foreign Legion
    W: 36 L:2 D: 2
    My WIP Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

So list is effective though ? So no archers then is that ok will 2 trebs do the job ill have to make sure pegs protect them? But if i sit back for a couple of turns pound there largets units you think this list will work?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

You can do one of two things with your trebs:

1. Let them be, since by the time it takes your enemy to get to your back line to the trebs, they probably don't have much to shhot at - you are already hitting them with your knights. Go ahead and let the enemy spend effort to take them. If your opponent is slow, keep your knights back for a turn or so and have another round of pounding.
    2. You can protect them, but three PKs are a bit of overkill - they should be mage/artillery hunting/rear charging. Again, I find that after about two turns they just sit with nothing to shoot at, as I have already hit the line with charges and do not want to risk an errant shot taking out some of my knights. However, they secure a table quarter for you if kept alive...
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by d_k_patt
    Paladin, BSB, Barded Steed, Gromril great helm, Lance, Shield
    Unfortunately I believe you can not place the mundane lance and shield on this guy. You can get around it by swapping out the points for the Charmed Shield since the restriction on that rule was lifted after the 7th edition. As for the lance, if it is not magic I think you need to hand it off to your squire.

Great list though. I am a fan of the '9-6 punch' with knights but to see three units of 15 mounted knights would be a sight as well. And I would agree with the first point that MDSW brought up. If they reach the back of your deployment then you are more than likely into the third turn so you should be close to winning anyways, right?
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Really you can't have mundane shield or lance where does it say that?? i wouldn't drop the gomril as the reroll is good but would consider enchanted shield and dawnstone instead if i can't take mundane shield and wyrm lance so he still has that strength on impact. Yeah i was thinkin i would be sitting back with them until the enemy is close after which there isn't to much point to them. Yeah i know alot of people talk about 9 and 6 but im all about the glorious charge and if i can keep them close to full numbers i can break steadfast on alot of opponants and i have taken steps to help in long drawn out fights i think this list would perform well so i just need to jiggle magic stuff about for my last 75 points i wanna play test it looks like my partners beastmen are gunna get trampled lol

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Play tested the list tonight it was beautiful tabled my missus ( she deserved it after spending ages glouting about her narrow victory over my elves) as expected she concentrated on my unit with characters never under estimate how good that mr 2 is lol. My errents charged her unit of 6 minotors and near enough wiped them out and ran getting run down and smashing into the flank of her bestigors thanks to life my super unit made it with full numbers tearing apart 60 gors and challenge guy killed her lvl 4 and bsb killed her wargor in a challenge after 4 turns it was over. Special mention goes to the pegs not only did they bravely charge the gorgon to hold it up the killed it much To our suprise the trebs were great 2 direct hits on her ungor unit turned a 50 unit into 10 which ran. She was supprised at the brets power as was i

+ Reply to Thread