<2000 Returning player after rules changed - Army list help!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Returning player after rules changed - Army list help!!!

Hi there guys. I've just come back to playing WFB from a few years out and oh how the game has changed - new rule book...

I'm trying to remodel my army with the new rulebook and thought i'd get some ideas of you guys that have continued playing through the rules changes.. so here it goes. any ideas are welcome and please tell me if stuff is terrible with the current rules.

Heroes

Paladin BSB - 144pts
    Bretonnian Warhorse
    Virtue of the Ideal
    Birth-Sword of Carcassone

Paladin - 115pts
    Lance
    Shield
    Bretonnian Warhorse
    Armour of Midsummer Sun

Core

8 x Knights of the Realm - 226pts (General goes in here)
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Banner of Chalons

9 x Knights of the Realm - 250pts
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Banner of Chalons

9 x Knights of the Realm - 250pts
    Musician
    Standard Bearer
    Banner of Chalons

18 x Peasent Bowmen - 96pts

18 x Peasent Bowmen - 96pts

Special

3 x Pegasus Knights - 165pts

8 x Mounted Yeoman - 128pts
    Shields

8 x Mounted Yeoman - 128pts
    Shields

Rare

9 x Grail Knights - 372pts
    Musician
    Standard Bearer

Last edited by CURZON125; September 30th, 2013 at 08:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't your general have to be on a pegasus to be able to take more than one unit of pegasus knights? I've been wanting to do do a bretonnian army, mostly because of the peggys. If I get around to it, I fully intend to run 2-3 characters on a pegasus backed by 3 units of 3 pegasus knights.

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jparks View Post
    Doesn't your general have to be on a pegasus to be able to take more than one unit of pegasus knights?...
    That is very true let me alter this

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

If you have 3 PKs in a unit, then it is only one unit, so OK to do without your General on a peggy.

I have not found Mounted Yeomen to be worth a darn. Personally, I would drop one unit for a treb - which are now the best stone thrower in the game for the points. If you drop the other MY unit, with all of the points left over, I would try to add a 6 unit lance (or two if you don't want a treb.) 8th edition means you must combo-charge units. With the free champ and maybe just a musician (no standard bearer needed), it really helps to have all those attacks on the charge.

If you are not sure who you are facing, it does not hurt for the 5 points to add braziers to the archer units for some fire damage to hurt the regen units.

Another decent troop I really like (since you have Grail Knights) is a Grail Reliquae with a few extra pilgrims. They can hold up nearly any unit for a turn or two to slam a lance in the flank. You will find you really need an anvil unit, since all you really have with the lances are hammers. There is also a sticky in the Bret forum for great Lord builds, which could also help you build some good pallys.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

take 2 trebs more important tahn archers i took my brets to a battle brothers tourn last weekend and my one treb (wish id taken both of them) did well and i had 2 blocks of 15 knights which was fun and did well when i got the charge

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Two trebs are lots of fun! However, I do like a unit of archers as they are just so annoying that eventually your enemy has to send someone after them just to shut them up (lousy Brets with a 30" archer range...) and that is a unit not going after your knights. Usually after a few turns the units are so tight together that I don't want to risk treb shots in case they drift on top of my guys - so the trebs are silinced for me after a few turns, it seems.

So, your answer is - no MY, two trebs, reduce your archer units down to 12-15 each and then maybe you might have enough left over to add a bare bones lance of 6 KEs.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x1)

Which one is your lord?
    Also where is your BSB. Brets are required to have one.
    You can't have 3 banner of chalons, only 1 of each magic item.

Agree about dropping the Mounted Yoemen as there ehh... 2nd treb is always usefull.

Your fine on the PK as you have one unit of 3.

Also i think you may have missed a spot for your 2nd character in one of your lances.

I would drop both sets of Bowman to 10 and use the points to pick up a damsel, level 2 with Sign Spell, dispel scroll.

After the adjusment for the Bowmen and MY which i would use to add a damsel and another treb, if you have anymore add more knights. ALso, I personally prefer Knights errant over KoTR as theres is a lot of fear stuff out there and you can ignore that on charge. Keep a character with your units and the -1 WS and Ld drop will not be noticeable. anything your gonna hit with WS4 will probably also be hit by WS3.

And welcome back to game!
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

If you take knights errent take the errentry banner cant tell you how much that str6 charge is worth at the battle brothers tourn i charged 9 ogres with my block of 15 knights errent they were diced to pieces

+ Reply to Thread