<3000 for the lady 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

for the lady 2000pts

Hi all earlier this year I took a 1000pt army to battle brothers it was fun and had some really close games. So been slowly working towards 2000pts so here is what I got.

Lord

Prophetess lvl 4 life (wish we could have light) warhorse, chalice of malufe
    260pts

Hero

Paladin bsb, enchanted shield dawn stone barded stead
    109pts

Paladin, lance shield, gromril great helm, barded stead
    110pts

Core

12 knights of the realm standard
    304pts characters go here

15 knights of the realm standard
    376pts

15 knights errant, standard, errantry banner, musician
    341pts

12 archer braizers
    77pts

12 archers braizers
    77 pts

Special

3 peg knights xxx

Rare

Treb xxx

Treb xxx

Total 1999pts

So I love knights I know it's supposed to be the 9 and 6 combo these days but I have had a fair bit of success with the knights like this I normally don't have archers in exchange for lvl 2 beast but people always concentrate on dispelling wild form so decided to give archers a whirl. Archers and trebs pound the enemy the peg knights get behind lines and cause a pain when the enemy are close enough and wittled down I charge. I have used my pegs to do a lot but when I played a chaos chariot list they were brilliant they destroyed them 1 by one practically won the battle on their own ok bit of an exaggeration lol but they did kill 2 and hold up a demon prince for 2 turns I am still learning with my brets but I do love the colours and how they look and the fact the can work any thoughts welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Hooray for the Brets!! I can't comment too much on the special builds you have, but If it were my list I might break up the 15 man KE unit to 6 and 9. With the lance formation they can still charge side-by-side and hit with both (if you pull off the charge), but the most important thing is it gives you just a bit more tactical flexibility with having two units along with more attacks. You won't have as many middle guys in the back that can't attack. A 15 man lance has 12 knights and horses that can attack (+1 one for the champ, so 25 total) versus a 6 & 9 lance having 14 knights & horses that can attack (+2 for the champ in each lance, so 30 total) - don't forget the free champ you get in each lance. To keep the points the same, maybe forego the musician/sb in the 6 man lance. Sure, it reduces the number of ranks you have, but also the enemy has to split their attacks to each lance.

Other than that, just resist the tempatation to charge headlong, unless you have to, and let the trebs pound for a turn or two.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by MDSW; December 27th, 2013 at 20:50.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I have tried 9 and 6 in the past but I find the need to break on turn one more important spesh if I have no beasts. Yeah i often avoid combat until turn 2 or 3

+ Reply to Thread