<1000 1000 Army for campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

1000 Army for campaign

So I have entered a campaign which will be starting up shortly where you can change your list for every game except for the general whom must remain throughout the campaign. Or at least until he dies and then when he is dead the items he carried can not be used on the next character you create.

Here is the list that I have put together so far which I am hoping will be capable of weathering the entire campaign.

Paladin (General) - 126 points
    - Barded Horse
    - Sword of Might
    - Gromril Great Helm
    - Shield

8 KotR - FC - 216 points

Paladin ( BSB ) - 124 points
    - Barded Horse
    - Dawnstone
    - Armour of Agilulf

8 KotR - Musician - 200 points

3 Pegasus Knights - Musician - 175 points

10 Bowmen - Brazier - 65 points

Trebuchet - 90 points

I believe by my math that this comes out to 996 points. Feel free to comment and criticize on the list.

Regards,

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I am not sure if your general is sturdy enough to last multiple games, but unless you sink more points into a Lord, he is probably fine. Just keep him back to inspire his 'leadership.' And, as you say, if he dies, you can just recruit another! I also noticed no magic in the list - do you think that might give you problems?
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

4. Thanksfather-chaos thanked for this post.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

In 1000 pts lots of armies can take a LVL 4, empire, vamps, tomb kings, orcs and goblins etc... So the lack of wizard will be felt in some games but not others.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

6. Thanksfather-chaos thanked for this post.
  7. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

I had thought that the lack of magic may hurt a little but I am not allowed to have the BSB as my character (general) and a damsel would be flimsy at best in this role. Whenever I do take a damsel it is usually the standard - Damsel (Beast), horse, dispel scroll and if points allow it move her up to level 2.

The second problem is the number of bodies on the field. I could get rid of the Bowmen and Trebuchet (albeit reluctantly) and then downgrade the PK's to a small (5) unit of Knights Errant and then place the Damsel here and whatever points are left over kit out the Paladin to a Lord with a few more toys. I am at work right (no book) now so hopefully the math is right on this.

If I remove the PK, Trebuchet, Bowmen, and the Paladin I will have 460 points (including the 4 points remaining from the original list)

Then I replace with:

Lord (234 points)
    Horse, Shield, Virtue of Heroism, Sword of Swift Slaying, Gromril Great Helm, Dragonbane Gem

Damsel (105 points)
    Horse, Dispell Scroll - Beasts

5 Knights Errant - FC (121 points) - the Damsel will join this unit.

Total points = 460

So the final should come out to 1000 points on the nose.

Again comments and criticism always welcome.
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I think your first list is better magic will hurt but you still get to dispel just don't get any bonuses I would think about potentially changing one of the 8 kotr to 11 knights errant with the errantry banner ofc then you have to baby sit.

Again I think your general is fine he isn't going to go up against to much that he can't handle he has a 1+ with re rolls and the ward to which is good and the bret knights are very resilient however unless you do enough damage on the charge you will struggle to hurt your opponent and beast is good for the boost. The treb is good and pegs enough said

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I agree that the first list might be better. If the points escalate a bit as the campaign moves on, you can re-evaluate. I have stuck a cheap damsel in a foot unit to save on the horse points, so maybe stuffed in with the bowmen could be worth a shot. I would probably just go without her for now.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x2)

I think that a lord is too expensive at this point level because you lose too many knights and the treb. My vote is for a damsel general, throw her in the kotr and give them discipline and you are set, give the bsb the gromril helm and sword of might or wyrmlance if you want, those are all the chars you need at this level. I second the PKs and the treb, they are gold, other than that this list looks allot like my 1k list and I think it works.

If you are feeling brave you can run the chalice of malfleur on the damsel instead of a dispel scroll, can help you in every phase though without a life caster this is a risk. Dont worry about the safety of the damsel, in the center of a lance she is very well protected. I have also found that brets are rarely losing combats if you pick them right and at 1000 pts there are very few large blocks that cant be broken with a good double charge esp after a few treb shots.

Best advice is take your time
    The Bretonnian Foreign Legion
    W: 36 L:2 D: 2
    My WIP Thread

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

I'd give the bsb the enchanter shield dawn stone and sword of might same points as gromril helm and sword of might but with shield you get a 1+ save and still rerolls

+ Reply to Thread