bret list for a campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

bret list for a campaign

Hi all hope your all well.

So I have an end times campaign coming up its 2400pts and I fancy bringing the knights of bretonnia out of retirement and laying low the enemies of man. So look at my list and give me your thoughts.

Lord

Prophetess of the lady, warhorse, level 4 beast.
    230pts

Hero's

Damsel life charlie of malfluer warhorse
    100pts

Paladin enchanted shield, barded stead, bitting blade, dawn stone bsb.
    119pts

Paladin gromril great helm barded steed shield lance
    110pts

Paladin dragon helm, barded stead, shield lance
    90pts

Core

8 knights of the realm, standard champion, banner of discipline. Lvl 4 and all paladin here
    220pts

11 knights of the realm standard champion level 1 Damsel here
    280pts

9 knights of the realm standard champion
    232pts

9 knights of the realm standard champion
    232pts

12 knights errant, errantry banner standard champion
    270pts

12 archers braziers
    77pts

12 archers braziers
    77pts

Special

3 pegasus knights champion
    165pts

Rare

Trebuchet xx

Trebuchet xx

Total 230pts

So the paladins ride with the lvl 4 beast so I can savage them up its a tactic that's worked well in the past. The other 2 12 units are supported by the 9s they charge the flank to disrupt hoping to cause enough damage so that my 4 ranks can hopefully break steadfast. Trebs and archers to whittle down and pegs to do usual bits.

So any thoughts I have dropped my usual big 15 busses for the multi charge?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

I like it! Your magic choices mirror what I tend to take into battle and have had great success with. Old tendencies see a Lord character in my lists since I have yet to try the 3 Pally bus but feel it is about time that I move onto that. I have seen them used with great results in the recent past.

Not sure if you use multiple support lances on the charge in your regular games, but I personally can not remember not doing it.

Good luck with your list, and may the Lady blessing follow.

Regards,
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Hey man thanks for the response.

I normally like to get the book of ashur on my Prophetess for the +1 to cast and dispel but points aren't available again I normally kit the paladins with magic weapons sadly no points for them either not that they are necessary with savage beast each with 6 strength 7 attacks.

I never leave home without my 3 paladin bus with the beast spell these will cut trough most things with reckless abandon.

I normally take 15 knights for 5 ranks I try to smash and break steadfast but with a slight jiggle I still have 3 units of 12 and 2 units of 9 which I really like.

The archers are to clear chalf and remove regen (that's right festus protect those chaos warriors now from my massive lump of rock).

I lover the errantry banner to that's always a surprise for people when you thump into a unit of juganughts and wound on a 2+ and actually lower their armour enough to hurt them.

Looking forward to the knights riding out again it's been to long.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I love all of the knights!! I can see your big Knight bus with the Pallys would be a real wrecker - good luck!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Thanks for the luck I pray to the lady that it holds (bretonnians are by far my luckiest army).

So I played my first game of the campaign against the legion of undead so an unbreakable army joy.

So I dropped life for undeath we were playing khaine magic.

I deploy second

He has a level 4 vamp on a dragon with master of dark arts and 2+ with a 4+ ward. Core is skeleton archers with khalida and a tomb prince and zombies with a lore of undeath necro . A liche priest with nekhara. Prince in a big block of tomb guard And a crypt horrors

He deploys his vamp on the flank whilst everything else deploy in the middle I deploy my Trebs and archers in the left corner as that has the clearest line of sight. I place my peg knights opposite his vamp with backs to bored edge so he can't fly in behind them (plan to sacrifice them to hold vamp in place) knights scattered about with main block opposite the tomb guard.

so I got first turn but I stop to pray. He advances as much as he can and flys his vamp loads forward out of my line of sight. His magic he rolls 4,4,3,1 but he gets to re roll one so re rolls the one and gets 5, he has 17 after a channel and I have 11 after channel and chalice he opens with breath of darkness and moves his vamp behind my main block of knights he attempts to cast curse of years 3 times and I use my dice to block 2 and he fails last one. He has 5 left I have 3 he casts for double shots on his archers I block and he breath of darkness his horrors to advance them to the side of one of my 9 units.

shooting he unleashed all is arrows against my main block of knights the unit weather's the storm loosing only one knight.

my turn I charge his vamp in the rear with my peg knights I double charge his archers with knights errant and their supporting 9 unit nothing else is in range just moved forward.

I manage 19 magic dice he has 12 I start with lore of undeath I cast hand of dust on his zombies and cause 5 wounds I get 3 tokens I then raise a level 2 liche priest on steed with lore of light I attempted wild form on pegs he blocks but I get it on the second time I then get birons on the pegs again. He blocks any thing else.

I put all my flaming shots into the crypt horrors wounding only twice. I drop my Trebs on them to and roll a direct hits and scatter but still hits 2 this kills 3 and takes the last wound on the other trebs are awesome.

The combat with archers is hard fight the prince giving them a higher Ws my knights still remove a full rank of 10 dropping them to 30 in return they drop 3 knights errant and a knight of the realm I win combat by 8 so a further 8. Against the vamp the fight is not so tough I have asf and + 1 attack I direct all my attacks against the dragon killing it out right in return the vamp only wounds once making 3 of my lady saves causing another wound from stomps the vamp devolves to combat res my opponent quits there and then 1 turn in has to be the quickest game ever buts with almost 700pts in his vamp he knows the rest of his army is not going to cut it. I convince him to play on and we have fun with him raising units and what not but the result is beyond doubt and he is wiped out by turn 4.

The only point of note after turn one was the pally bus cutting through the temple guard like a hot knife through butter the pally are crazy good when boosted with savage and pans as they take up the front rank he can only hit back against my 1+ with 2 of them with re rolls tough 7 in short the fight is over quick.

I have to say I was lucky killing that vamp but I guess that's the danger you face when you put your character on a dragon and their unstable tbh I had seen him do that before against someone else so sought to plan for it though originally it was just to stall him but you have to love the lady saves so in short I love this list thanks for reading.
    Last edited by d_k_patt; February 15th, 2015 at 19:01.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

.....and that is why GW screwed the pooch when they decided to let Chaos and the bad guys win....
    Well done.
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Yeah but the forces of order will stand tall no matter the end and with giles breton returned the forces of chaos will be driven back by the chivalry and honor of bretonnia lol. Yeah was a lucky break killing the vamp but I did plan for him and fortune (or the lady) favours the brave

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Hooray!!! Great job and may the Lady always shine upon you!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x4)

Thanks it's nice to see the list operate so well looking forward to my next game should be interesting I actually believe that this list has the ability to work well against most opponents. I still believe we need a new book but we are still competitive. The liche priest with light really helped the brets alot I may run undeath more often

+ Reply to Thread