Show Us Your Bret Army!!! - Page 3 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Ha! I love Sir Chicago. we can see where your other affinity lies...

You might consider experimenting with a bit of wash and drybrush highlights. It is really easy and makes a huge difference in making recesses drop into shadow and raised areas pop.

Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Thanks, Sir Chicago came about because my nephew pointed out the bull helmet and shield and challenged me to make him so that was fun. I was lazy on my Knights as far as highlighting goes, but I can always go back and touch them up. One other thing painting Brets has taught me is that I simply cannot paint them that fast lol. Infantry I can pump out four at a time in a couple hours, but it tends to take me that long for each horse and knight. Luckily they cant go bigger than fifteen to a group.
    The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Ha! Isn't that the truth!!

Also, just to stir things up a bit, I thought I would include a close up of a few items...

Scratch built Trebuchet
    Treb 5.jpgTreb 3.jpg

Crusader Knights
    Crusaders 1.jpgCrusaders 2.jpg

Kit-bashed Questing Knights
    Bret QKs (1).jpgBret QKs (4).jpg

Kit-bashed Mounted Yeomen
    MYeo 2.jpgMYeo 3.jpg

We need more Bret Army pics!!!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Awesome pictures! The Trebuchet is cool, very nice and looks authentic. The Crusaders look great, nice and uniform. Awesome work on the Questing knights too. I was able to score a box of the pewter ones off ebay, but I'll need to kit bash the rest. Did you use Empire Greatsword bits for them?

Also, I think your mounted Yeomen look better than the "official" ones.
    The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

Thanks!! The QKs were indeed done with some leftover bits from my son's Empire Greatswords and worked perfectly with a bit of fiddling and shaving. The Yeomen were from various Empire bits and even some Glade Guard horses thrown in for good measure - basically whatever I could get on the cheap from Ebay. I never really cared for the look (or the price) of the metal versions of the yeomen.

The Treb was obviously done from some balsa wood and leftover Men-at-arms. I made two of them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123