Royal Air Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Royal Air Force

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Royal Air Force

So in my continuing trend of unconventional lists from other armies, tell me how would one build RAF at 2400. Beyond Lord on a Pegasus, and 3 units of PK don't really know brets well enough to take it from there. Assuming the PK units are 3-4 models each since they don't really gain anything from ranks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

It's been a long time since i last heard someone call forth the RAF.

There's an old duke roaming this forum i like to think of him as our RAF expert (and possibly the only one here who actually plays it)
    He goes by the name of Reiko, or did since he has been very quiet lately.
    His last list

There's also this half RAF list provided by the infamous Lord Rothgar, with a lord on peg and 2 peg units. The writer may be a player of evil armies, this list seems quite competitive

Core - 758 points
    4 x 10 Peasant Bowmen, Braziers
    2 x 6 Knights Errant, Full Command [3 Paladins go in each]
    8 Knights of the Realm, Full Command [BSB goes here]

Special - 350 points
    2 x 3 Pegasus Knights, Musician

Rare - 180 points
    2 x Field Trebuchet

Heroes - 604 points
    Paladin, BSB, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Gromril Great Helm, The Wyrmlance
    6 x Paladin, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse, Lance, Shield

Lords - 608 points
    Bretonnian Lord, Dragonhelm, Royal Pegasus, Shield, The Heartwood Lance, The Other Trickster's Shard, Virtue of Heroism
    Prophetess, L4 Wizard, Dispel Scroll, Royal Pegasus, Talisman of Preservation [Lore of Beasts]
    2500 points

both lists are 100 points over your limit, perhaps it's a good start.

Digger
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Definitely an interesting list, and not hard to cut down to 2400 (really need to convince my play group to up tournaments to 2500). Basically swapped Dragonhelm and shield for an Enchanted Shield to get lords down to max. Cut two Paladins to get heroes under max, and still give the Knights errant strong wound denial for at least the first round of combat. Dropped a Trebuchet and used the points left to add a third PK unit. Other options is keep the trebuchet and drop one KotR to add a lvl2 on a horse.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

Yes, an old duke. I have been away a while, I seem to go through phases and PC games have consumed my time.

RAF works very well against many armies and I find it very effective as most people don't know how to deal with that level of mobility.

Takes PK units of 3 with no command and vanguard them. Then pray. Remember since your going second you can charge on your first turn with your vanguard units ( if it seems wise). A lot of times I will do the fly march 20" movement and get behind there lines and take out he war marchines or rear charges for turn 2. Many players are not used to the mobility Brets offer, specifically the RAF list. Use them to pick off war machines and do rear and flank charges into units.

As for the rest of the army, i usually run as many knights as possible but am a fan of the smaller lances normally only 9, maybe 12. the reason is simple, with this unit compositions you spread your points fairly evenly across all units on the board, rather than having that bug elite unit. as you can see, most of my units are all fairly even in cost 165, 181, 216, 225.... then throw in heroes and spread them. There simply are so many evenly priced units. Rather than say having one 400 pt unit with a 150 pt lord and a 100 pt wizard, and then perhaps even a bsb in that unit. that unit easily becomed 600+ points, thats 25% of your army. If your opponent does this tie the unit up with a single unit and pick off the rest of his army with combo lance charges supported with rear and flank charges from your PK. Its all about being aggressive and trying to get into combat early. dont worry to much on shooting and magic, those are not our strong phases. Magic is good for support, shooting is really a waste, except for trebs.
    On that note, you can also leave the enemy mega unit out of contact and avoid it all together and hope to get a few trebs shots into it to thin the ranks and perhaps take out a lord.

Hope this helps
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

+ Reply to Thread