Cavalry Question? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Cavalry Question?

I just wanted to know is 71 horses in a 2500 list to much or not enough? thanx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

I'd say in any other army yeah but in brets thats a good amount of knights what does that list look like??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x2)

I looked over my 2500 point lists and all of them have around fifty knights in them max, do you not have mages? Heroes? Trebs? a lord? I too would like to see this list
    The Bretonnian Foreign Legion
    W: 36 L:2 D: 2
    My WIP Thread

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Seems about right if a bit on the high side. It depends on the list though.
    I tend to start with a core of 36 (four lances of nine) and then go from there.
    Points wise you should have a lance of at least 9 grail knights throw in 5 characters standard and you are looking at everything else in errants and kotr.

So high side yes but not too bad.

A

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x2)

I prefer to run without grail knights and I use lances of twelve, others use fifteen it depends on the list completely, generally though you need a large number of knights
    The Bretonnian Foreign Legion
    W: 36 L:2 D: 2
    My WIP Thread

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

Personally, I like the Grail Knights (because it lets me take the Reliquae!) and they terrify your opponent.

I try to keep units around the same points cost so my opponent has a tough time deciding what to magic/shoot at. One big huge lance becomes the primary target for everything the enemy has. My usual strategy is to combo charge a 9 and a 6 lance together, instead of having a lance of 15.

However, I would probably take the advice of those that have a better win/loss record than myself!! @The Maned Wolf - you are the Bret King!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    623 (x8)

Yeah I have a Lord and 2 hero choices and one trebuchet although i'm not sure if the equipment I gave them is good or not:

Lord
    Bret Lord + Grail Vow+ Lance + Bret Warhorse + Virtue Of Heroism + Armour Of Agilulf + Gauntlet Of The Duel = 240

Hero
    Paladin + Bret Warhorse + Virtue Of Confidence + BSB = 99
    Damsel + lv2 + Bret Warhorse + BARD + Dragon's Claw + Prayer Icon Of Quenelles = 171

I'm not sure if I made any mistakes with how I equipped them, I have 3 squads of 12 Knight Errants, 2 squads of 12 KotR and 8 Grail Knights, I also gave them a bit of shooting with 2 squads of 10 Peasant Bowmen. Any advice on this list will be well appreciated and hopefully my points are right too.

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Drop the prayer icon unless you have a sneaky bait and flee plan which isn't advisable. Get the errantry banner. I'm assuming you have full command on the units.
    A level 4 might be a better idea. If not drop to a level one and kit for dispel.
    Drop 1 knight for each character if they are going in full lances as well. Otherwise you will have unsightly floaters.

That's just a quick what I'd do tbh.

A

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

You shouldn't leave home without 2 trebs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

623 (x8)

What would be the best lore of magic to take? and are the bowmen good or should I change them? I will try to fit another trebuchet in too. thanx

+ Reply to Thread