Name that miniature, (a question regarding a certain model in the Army book) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Name that miniature, (a question regarding a certain model in the Army book)

I am curious about something and I was hoping someone here would know the answer. Take out your Bretonnain army book, turn to the very last page where a lone knight is fighting against a red dragon on the inside back cover. I dont have my book with me at work but the horse and rider seem like a unique sculpt.

Did this model ever exist or was it a conversion just done for rule book fluff?

That horse model looks amazing and I love the paint scheme and the pose, it really shows the idea of a lone knight with Heroic Killing blow just going around and one-shotting monsters.

Thanks for helping me solve this mystery.

The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

That is indeed a conversion. A very impressive one actually. whoever made it should be bragging about it, but nobody is.

The Dragon
    is an altered Carnosaur's body, the wings seem to be basic dragon wings, with added (greenstuffed?) tips

The rider
    is mostly the green Knight, but the picture might be in mirrorview! The knight's head i don't know. and if you look closely, you can see the arms have been replaced, but the shoulders are still as green knight, up onto the little petals of the Fleur-de-Lis that are his sleeves.
    The horse:
    the head seems like the Green Knight's mount head (without the big feather) and a few details removed. it looks like a standard horsemount, with alot of alteration work and the tail might be green knight's mount tail again.

I have been watching that piece of art many times, it makes me want to convert stuff =D

Conversions are allways better.
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Thanks for the insight! I cant believe I didnt really notice the Green Knight parts before.

I have to look at it again when I get home. Damn, I was hoping for some like Games Day lesser known Bret model that I could score on ebay lol.

It is very impressive, I'm glad Im not the only one to think that.
    Last edited by cell0097; July 30th, 2013 at 23:57.
    The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x1)

I would agree definitely a lot of the green knight model. Digger has it spot on.
    "For Plunder and Women!"

Bretonnians 7500, Empire 3300, Dwarfs 4800; Space Marines 2000, Tyranids 3000

+ Reply to Thread