Has anyone tried RAFM's Large Catapult as trebuchet alternate? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried RAFM's Large Catapult as trebuchet alternate?

Miniature can be found here:
    RAFM Miniatures & Games: """Large Catapult

I like the idea of using it as my trebuchet model with the idea of an army on crusade needing something more mobile.

Thanks in advance.

-Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never saw it, but it could be ok, with the polish. It seems like really rough wood, and that is hard to paint, and putting it down as it is might be pretty ugly if you have a darked toned army. In which way do you want to assemble it and paint it? Also do remember that you will never be able to play in GW's with this catapult, as they will flog you with it. In times past we could buy the cheap and cool Trebuchet from Gondor as a stand in, but now it is Fine Cast it has more then doubled in price.. Still giving you the link for the idea though.

Gondor Battlecry Trebuchet | Games Workshop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand, our "nearest" GW here in Nebraska is in Omaha 150 miles away. Not expecting to get in there much to play. :-) But over the years I have had issues with GW vs Non-GW with tourney organizers. I still use my gorka morka ork trucks you see...

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, in Holland we have like a GW per city, and the cities are like 20 miles apart. XD I thus do tend to build GW only, just because the trouble would be infinite. Damned GW having a monopoly on their own products. If you only play at friends though there is no problem at all using these, or anything actually. It is all up to imagination, but i wont think it's the best proxy ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think largely it will depend on the story told as it is based. As a model it is just kinda there. Nothing flashy, just functional.

+ Reply to Thread