After Dark Eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

After Dark Eldar?

I was browsing the Round Table forums for any Bretonnian news and my last hope was an announcement about "something" on the 20th. Turns out it was yet more 40k stuff. Dark Eldar.

I haven't heard about anything after that though. Anyone have any ideas/rumors to splash around?

The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    248 (x5)

Wouldn't get your hopes up. Latest I heard is they're finishing out all the 40k softcover codexes this year (2 more to go after Dark Eldar) and will be going hard on Fantasy in 2015.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

I just hope that they don't merge Bretts and Empire. It just wouldn't make sense since they've been so aggressive towards each other for centuries. It would make more sense to combine them with the Wood Elves who live in the area too (and would cover one of their major failings).
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

But this will not happen with the wood elves having a new book. The chaos end times book is next.
    They would not combine brets with anyone they are not like the empire at all and the empire is one of the iconic armies for fantasy and by merging with brets it would ruin the feel of both armies.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

It seems like GW just has way too many more favored toys to play with to bring the Brets out of the toy box anytime soon. When you think about the promise over the last number of years, they have shown some love for the armies needing real help (WE) and some that had one of the oldest books (Dwarfs), but the Brets book is not so bad - it is just the rules for cavalry that nerfed them.

Frankly, my guess is 9th comes out before Brets are re-hashed at all.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Yeah, I get the same feeling about having to wait a long time. I am getting very sick of all the 40k love. I understand it sells better, but it still annoys me.

I hope Brets never get merged with anyone. Quite frankly I enjoy the fluff that separates us from any other cavalry and I will take my beloved peasant archers any day over those horrid wood elves.
    The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dûr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x4)

Brets are still popular at some point the banners and the medieval feel of them and knights sings in the souls of us all

+ Reply to Thread