Grail Reliquae, sweet find on Amazon - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Grail Reliquae, sweet find on Amazon

It's amazing what you can find on Amazon. Every time I typed in Warhammer in the search box I would never see anything old or interesting but in my diggings I found a complete, new in box pewter Grail Reliquae for $58. It was listed under "Forgeworld, Warhammer 40k Grail". I almost couldnt believe my luck, but after contacting the seller and confirming that it was pewter, I placed my order.

So excited about scratching this off my list.

So, any word from any Bret veterans about how well Reliquaes work in 2000+ point battles? Are they effective tarpits?

The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    234 (x3)

In my experience they make wonderful tarpits. Now some people my agrue the validity of their use based on points, but then again points are gonna be an issue with anything in the Bret book at this point. They have never let me down in any of the instances that I have taken them. I would suggest converting up more pilgrims though, as the small the number that come with the box won't be super effective.

Great job finding it by the way! I got my metal one awhile back, and I'm so happy i did, because the model would be a finecast nightmare haha.
    "... That which is sacrosanct I shall preserve. That which is sublime, I will protect. That which threaten, I will destroy.
    For my holy wrath will knows no bound..." -Grail Vow of Bretonnia

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    986 (x8)

I love my GR and take it whenever I have my GKs. I added 6 more pilgrims to it, so it is the best tarpit we have with the hatred and stubborn, they hold much better than a pile of [email protected] Plus, it is a really great model and a real sweet find for you!!!
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

It just came in the mail today!

I am super psyched about it, GW still sells metal pilgrims on its website, so I too have six more coming.

image.jpg
    The Lieutenant of the Tower of Barad-dr he was, and his name is remembered in no tale; for he himself had forgotten it, and he said: "I am the Mouth of Sauron."

7. Likebattle_pilgrim liked this post.
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

I think they are a good tarpit for other standard core units. But the moment they get hit by the heavy guys, its all over.
    They just have worse human stats and that is the downside.
    Upon wings of iron they fall upon the foe

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

986 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I think they are a good tarpit for other standard core units. But the moment they get hit by the heavy guys, its all over.
    They just have worse human stats and that is the downside.
    Very true. You cannot send them against a killer unit, but against most standard troops, they hold great until you can flank some ponies into the battle.
    Three Roads Dreamt - My novella collection is now available! Action Suspense, Fantasy and Sci-Fi

I know that I enjoy the snow.. it stays for quite some time
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1104 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas
    But the moment they get hit by the heavy guys, its all over.
    Not to worry good sir, they are peasants after all. There are plenty more where they came from.
    "The beatings will continue until morale improves."
    New Age of Sigmar
    Warriors of Chaos Project, Bretonian-Tale-of-Gamer-Project

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Well I managed to kill belekor with a unit of peasants over 3 rounds of combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I guess Belakor couldnt stand up to the sheer might of the peasants. I would say they earned their copper that day lol. Any other heroic peasant stories where they earned glory?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x2)

Well that's the best they have done. But many times they have held on grinding down. I guess 60 of them does that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast